Schwalbe vs Mud2?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

limba

by limba

I've tried Conti, Ritchey and Michelin clinchers. I'm looking for a good do it all clincher and figured I'd try Schwalbe. Are the Schwalbes nice or should I get Muds again?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Oregonic

by Oregonic

What did you think of the Muds?

limba

by limba

They were great. The Ritcheys were my favorite dry tire and the Muds were my favorite knobby. I've tried Contis and wasn't impressed. I haven't tried any Schwalbes but I know they make nice tires.

bc sparks

by bc sparks

I'd suggest taking a look at the Vittoria XG Pro. It's a great all around tire. It rolls much faster than the mud2 and it does as well as the mud2 on off camber. They're pretty light too. But they do wear a bit faster than most other tires. I got Mud2's a couple of years ago thinking I'd use them in the later part of the season in mud and snow, but they're still hanging in the loset.

derekshred

by derekshred

I've always liked the Mud2 in front and a WTB Crosswolf in the back for clinchers. Which Schwalbe model are you looking at? The Racing Ralphs are pretty nice but seem to wear fast. Haven't tried their other models but they don't look so good. I also agree that the Vittoria's are a great riding clincher tire but wear life is not so good.

limba

by limba

Seems like all the good tires wear fast. Maybe I should just get used to that fact. Derek, I was thinking about the Ron or Racing Ralph.

crossrider

by crossrider

What about challenge griffo clinchers?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com