Campagnolo component mix on touring bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

keeper

by keeper

I'm thinking about building up a touring bike using some existing pieces I have with a mix of new components and have many questions. Will 07 Record shifters operate Campag triple front derailleur? Will same operate cable disc brakes? What is biggest cog 07 Record (medium cage?) derailleur handle? I'm thinking of using an IRD 12-30 or 12-32 cassette if I can get away with it. Thanks for the advice.

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

keeper wrote:I'm thinking about building up a touring bike using some existing pieces I have with a mix of new components and have many questions. Will 07 Record shifters operate Campag triple front derailleur? Will same operate cable disc brakes? What is biggest cog 07 Record (medium cage?) derailleur handle? I'm thinking of using an IRD 12-30 or 12-32 cassette if I can get away with it. Thanks for the advice.

Your Campag levers will work with Avid BB7 Road calipers. When you adjust the cables, "pre-load" the lever arm before you tighten the cable fixing bolt. This will help reduce the needed cable pull/travel, and improve feel at the lever.

DaVinci tandems sells a modified SRAM derailleur that's compatible with Campag levers and Shimano cassettes. I used one for a while and it worked great.
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com