Giant TCX 2011

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

nitropowered

by nitropowered

Aluminums did change as well. Dig through the older posts or search under my name. I posted a 2011 geo sheet

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grobd72

by Grobd72

Thought some of you might like to see this, 2011 TCX Advance SL. Two rides so far and I love it.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg

ms6073

by ms6073

Nice. I picked up my TCX Advanced SL frameset last Friday and swapped over the parts from my 09 TCX (Orange/White/Black frameset) on Sunday and rode it for 60-minutes this morning, Sweet ride but as usual with internal cable runs, if you do not already have liners/cables that can be used to pilot new/replacement cables, it pretty much requires removing the fork to complete the task.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Frans

by Frans

Hi - does anyone have the following TCX frame measuremeents please for the Med, 550mmTT size?

- Reach?
- Front Center?
- BB Drop?

Many thanks for your help. I have the rest of the info as follows:

Size TT Reach HT HTA FC CS WB BB drop STA SO
Med 550 ? 150 72 ? 43 102.5 ? 73 806

xg43x

by xg43x

Would someone mind sending a PM on the price of the entry level alloy frame? Thanks

allezdude

by allezdude

several chicago riders report broken seatposts/clamps on their TCXs- so be careful

ascor

by ascor

Does somebody know the bracket height of the 2011 TCX? (size M)

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

I'll have a 2011 TCX 1 arriving shortly, and when it comes I'll gladly take these measurements for you.

Frans

by Frans

If anyone cares I took delivery of a 2010 TCX on Friday - this is the white/grey/black model with the carbon/alu fork.

The frame with all fittings off of it (no seat collar or ft. der. roller) is 1466 grams. Fork uncut is 640 grams.

The thing is beautiful, it's really well finished and the paint is superbe. As it's a '10 it's not the non-BB 80 model (or whatever it is now). One thing I'm not impressed with is the 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" steerer. It's basically a 1 1/8" tube sleeved & glued into a 1 1/4" short tube at the crown. No smooth one-piece transitioning to be seen - a bit of an agricultural effort. But for £400 new who's complaining?

Rear cable stop is integrated into the seat collar - 65 grams so not very light. I don't know why CX bikes have the rear short housing run; 15+ years ago the Ritchey P-23 defined simple with a little welded steel loop that guided the rear brake cable around the seat tube. Bring that back I say, and put the barrel adjuster up front somewhere where you can adjust it while riding with no need to turn around.

The TT and DT are rather square, the ST quite large and plain round. Will start it as a straight-bar set up (it's allowed in the UK for racing) then transition to a drop bar later in the winter...

PaddyB

by PaddyB

Holy thread rez, batman, but this looks like it was once a pretty lively TCX discussion...

Just wondering, as I'm looking to pick up a 2012 TCX, if anyone in here is riding a 2011 or 2012 size "M". What are your dimensions and how do you like the fit?

I'm 177cm with 83cm (in socks) cycling inseam and generally feel comfortable on a 54 or 55cm road bike.

So the M should fit but I'm a little bit wary of the BB height and standover on the M. The dealers all say I should get the "S"/53 but I think with the tall/short geometry I'll be too cramped.

I'm no racer so this will be a light-touring/rando use "SUV" bike.

So what do you think?

Oh and I'm going to get the TCX-3 as I want the eyelets and it's dirt cheap in Taiwan (like 377GBP/under 600 USD) so I'm going to upgrade the gruppo soon.

I need something that is good for brutal hills and durable - Shim 105 triple or SRAM Apex with 11-32 cassette?

brearley

by brearley

I'm 178cm and used to work at a giant dealership. I have two giant bikes both size medium. at your height and size i'd say that the medium is perfect for your size. I am running a 54cm crux for cross

harry2110

by harry2110

I love my 2007 its uglier than the new ones but I love the mostly blue paint job and the round tubes for mounting accesories.
Does the 2011/12 have a monostay or is it split and have rack mounts?
Im also thinking that a 40mm tire might fit in mine are the chainstays narrower on the new ones.
sorry about all the question there isnt a gaint dealer around i live now.

my 19lb 2007 tcx custom build

timbat

by timbat

I've got a TCX Advanced SL frame but the internal cabling is driving me nuts! Firstly at the head tube it seems the holes for the shift cabling are too big for a standard cable end to sit in smoothly. I've seen pics of a metal insert that then accepts the cable end. Anyone know where to buy ?

Secondly, I lack the plug for the internally routed brake cable for the rear, so I can't even mount the cable let as the cable outer simply goes into the frame.

Anyone with any suggestions where to buy these 3 pieces ? My local Giant reps and Giant distributor are useless!

ms6073

by ms6073

timbat wrote:Anyone with any suggestions where to buy these 3 pieces ? My local Giant reps and Giant distributor are useless!
Check your PM's.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

timbat

by timbat

PaddyB wrote:Just wondering, as I'm looking to pick up a 2012 TCX, if anyone in here is riding a 2011 or 2012 size "M". What are your dimensions and how do you like the fit?

I'm 177cm with 83cm (in socks) cycling inseam and generally feel comfortable on a 54 or 55cm road bike.

So the M should fit but I'm a little bit wary of the BB height and standover on the M. The dealers all say I should get the "S"/53 but I think with the tall/short geometry I'll be too cramped.

I've got the 55.5 medium with the 545 top tube ... I'm 5'9" (174 cm) with a short inseam (run my saddle 710 mm from BB to seat) and I think I will just fit ... Caveat being I haven't ridden it yet.

I sure didn't realise the standover is so tall and the bottom bracket high.

I think for my size a S is more appropriate but I think you'll be more suited to a M perhaps ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com