Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie - Season 3

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Season 3 on these bad boys... and they are still pimp-tastic and relevant. F-disc brakes, no thanks.

The beauty of Van Dessel bikes is they are not produced with model years attached (2011, 2012, and 2013 the same) - hence making them timeless.

Back to FMBs this year. SSCs and Super Muds. Also running my old DA7800 SRM on my primary this season.

Attachments
IMG_0911.JPG
Last edited by Rich_W on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frans

by Frans

Rich_W wrote:yep -- thats what it means... I just carry a tall bottle in my Jersey pocket.

Very easy to do. Edwin can do it for you at VDHQ or on your own. Plenty strong.

What if I live in London? Is there any outfit over here you can recommend?

Or anyone else for that matter?

Cheers

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Just get an angled drill and a riv nut tool and get busy. Measure 3 times to make sure you got it right... then start by drilling a pair of teeny holes and step up 2 more bit sizes to the final fastener size. Pop in the Riv Nuts, use your spiffy Riv Nut tool and Voila! That's all the magic that would happen at VDHQ

Frans

by Frans

Thanks for giving me the confidence to go the rivnut route - drilling a £1200 frame isn't a part of my every day life...

I have the same curved VD fork as you, have your ridden the straight-blade Enve model that's on the website? Any impressions to share?

Cheers

BTW, your stable looks quite 'sorted' now as we say over here, a long way from the red cables and yellow bar tape with red electrical finishing tape of 18 months ago. I've got red lizard skins myself, not sure if I'm in love with it but I often forget about these small details quite quickly once the whistle goes to start the 1 hour of pain.

gummee

by gummee

How did I miss this?!

As the proud owner of a FTB I can say that this bike works as well as a road bike as it does a cross bike. I needed $ and had to sell off a Roubaix. Since I didn't have anything else to ride on the road, I slapped on some skinny tires and went at it.

Rocketship. This thing's a rocketship. :nod

If you're on the fence, I can HIGHLY recommend one.

Mine's built with last year's Red with some Escape tubulars. Coming soon to a garage near me: Zipp 440 wheels with Grifos on em. ...so I can pose with the best of em!

M
Past rides include a TET, Crosshairs, Jake the Snake and a 'pressed into service' F2000