Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie - Season 3

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

levels1069

by levels1069

I KNEW that I recognized your bike yesterday at Concrete CX. Great race man, I was on your right at the start on the C'Dale...I chased you for four laps and didn't make up any ground.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

thx man... and that was with a chest cold. I caught the leader on the third lap and was drafting him... but he got a slight gap on me between on the 4th, and I took some back on the 5th, but not enough especially dealing with lapped riders.

The FMB mud tires we're amazing... I was running sub 30 psi and hitting the roots section ever so gingerly.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Cat 4?

Rich_W

by Rich_W

yup... while I may be an equipment nut... and pro wrench :thumbup: ... this was my 5th CX race.

Trying to get some clarity over upgrade rules on Cat 4 > 3. Not clear on USA cycling's site. I'm a 3 on the road.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

So I guess you cut your bread with one of these:

and when you're hunting mice in the attic it looks a bit like this:

Enjoy the season! :mrgreen:

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Now that is truly funny. Yes, homie needs a Cat 3 upgrade for CX... it's coming...

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

i know that the least you need is a few mass starts to go from 4 to 3 (i'm a 4 on road but was able to upgrade to 3 based on the number of starts i had done).

plus, does your local series really have a USAC rep there scruitinizing what cat you enter? i know in seattle and surrounding areas the races are self-seeded (same for OBRA races, too).

Rich_W

by Rich_W

absolutely there is a USAC rep there... yesterday was at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome... we did the Nittany Lion course in reverse.

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

well, i guess you'll be going for the overall in your local 4's series, then :)

Rich_W

by Rich_W

nope... done... Cat 3 now. Focusing on B-Masters when possible, otherwise Killer B's.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Just built up this sweet 50cm Full Tilt Boogie for a team mate. Utegra 6700 drive, 7900 Chain, 7900 cassette, DA 7800 46T Cross Ring, Ritchey Cockpit, EvoCurve Bars, Flanders Yellow Eurox brakes, SLR Ti Rail Saddle, ATAC steel axle pedals = 16.9 lbs as pictured.

Attachments
ftb_50_1.jpg
ftb_50_2.jpg
ftb_50_3.jpg

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Well, coverage of the Full Tilt Boogie is really penetrating nicely. My google alerts have been lighting up all day with press mentions.

While I could not take the time from my day job to get out to the show -- several of the crew is out there. The guys at CX magazine stopped by the Interbike booth and apparently they're in-fighting over who gets to play with the one we sent them. And while I won't quote them directly... I expect they will spill soon a fantastic long term review on their site.

Cycling Dirt also posted an interview with interview with Edwin, owner of Van Dessel Sports on the FTB earlier today.

http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/237613-2010-Interbike-Trade-Show/video/356992-Van-Dessel-2011-Cross-Bike

And I just found a great clip from our friend Lance @ TRP! Check out the new 950's!
http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/237613-2010-Interbike-Trade-Show/video/356911-TRP-Cyclocross-Brakes-Dirt-Demo

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Some updates... #2 is built, Red Bar Tape, TRP 950's that replicate the upcoming 950SLs as I am using Jagwire Dura Ace type pad holders with orbital hardware for cantis. Also, I have a pair of REV30L clinchers for on-road training with Griffo XS file treads. For the trails, I use my Stan's ZTR 355's/Dura Ace hubs wheels with Hutch Pirannas

What do you guys think of the red cable housing? Yeah or Ghey?

Attachments
ftb_twins_1.jpg
ftb_twins_2.jpg
ftb_twins_3.jpg
ftb_matte_rev30l_training_wheels.jpg

limba

by limba

Too much color matching for me. I prefer basic black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Yep... I agree... the red cables and the yellow finishing tape need to go. Even the wife said it was over the top.

I will change tonight and update! :thumbup: