Trek FX or Specialized Sirrus ??

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

alexl993

by alexl993

Hi,

My wife is trying to decide which one of these bikes to get for mostly fitness riding. She's looking for a more relaxed riding position and does not want drop handle bars!

The two models we're comparing are the Trek 7.9FX and the Specialized Sirrus Pro (both carbon frames). She has been professionally measured and the Men's frames fit her better than the woman's specific models. These bikes are not in stock so she cannot ride them to compare. We will have to make the choice blind.

Any feedback or advice as to which is better and why? BTW, price is not the issue so please no comments on the cost of a carbon frame fitness bike. Yes, we realize is frivolous!

pharding

by pharding

This undoubtedly is not the best forum to ask about those two framesets. Since I just went through a similar exercise with my wife, I will share what we concluded.

My wife had similar reservations about drop handlebars. The professional fitter explained the benefits of dropped bars and just asked that she try them on the fitting bike in the studio. In the hoods there was absolutely no difference between drop bars and straight bars. Plus she got the benefit that as her fitness improved she had an option for occasionally using the drops for a more aero position when riding into the wind or faster. Our intent was never to get matching framesets. However after weighing options she settled on a Stevens Carbon Team. She wanted a carbon frameset because for ease of handling plus a better ride. It is being built up with drop bars. If it does not work out after she tries the bike for several weeks, she will switch over to straight bars.

In the price range that you are looking at the Kona Major Jake is a great value on a cyclocross bike that has gotten fine reviews.
09 Pinarello Prince
09 Cervelo P3
10 Stevens Team Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com