New Conti tubs

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JK

by JK

Some online shops allready have the new Conti tubulars on their site, but are they available?

Anyone who works at or has a shop? Elmar?

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

which ones do you need ?

by Weenie

JK

by JK

elmar schrauth wrote:which ones do you need ?

Still in doubt between the World Cup and the Speed, both in 35mm. I have a set of pretty allround 32 Challenge Grifo's, so it should compliment those.

Auk

by Auk

Interested as well, as the U.S. distributor talls me none till 09.

marko

by marko

They are listed on glorycycles.com for 79.00, I'd check there as they look sweet.

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

JK wrote:
elmar schrauth wrote:which ones do you need ?

Still in doubt between the World Cup and the Speed, both in 35mm. I have a set of pretty allround 32 Challenge Grifo's, so it should compliment those.

we have got all conti tubs
please do email or pn ..
thanks .

JK

by JK

You do?

Could you photograph them and post a picture here? I'd really like to know what the World Cup and Speed look like "in real life".

Auk

by Auk

This continues to piss me off. The NA distributor keeps telling my shop that no tire will hit the US until Feb. 2009. :evil:

JK

by JK

Auk wrote:This continues to piss me off. The NA distributor keeps telling my shop that no tire will hit the US until Feb. 2009. :evil:

Wait for pics of real tubulars until you let something piss you off :wink:

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

I have ordered up a set of the speed to check out and giving some serious thought to the WC for next year. I have had good sucess with Conti on the road so ...

girloffroad

by girloffroad

Can anyone that has seen the Conti tubulars comment on the volume size? Are they more toward the Challenge sizing (medium volume rounder profile), or the Dugast (higher volume slightly egg shaped)?

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

I got the speed in today. I don't remember if there is a 30 or 32 offered, but I got the 35 regardless. The tire is generously sized. The volume seems very good and the rubber feel grippy. I have not glued these or obviously race them, but my first impression is that Conti has some good tires coming to market. I am excited to get my hands on a pair of the world cups.

by Weenie