Kocmo cross fork in US?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

Is there anyone in the US who brings in Kocmo cross forks (or for that matter has something of that level)? Perhaps I am giving Sibex the short end of the stick?

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I would send Kocmo an email directly and ask them. Their site does not show any distributor in the USA. I would ask them also if there is a Germany, Austrian or Swiss dealer who would be able to send you a fork direct, if Kocmo will not do it themselves.

Having said that, have you considered steel or carbon? There are so many fantastic custom steel frame builders in the USA who could make THE fork you want. There are also some super light and stable carbon CX forks out there to be had these days.

by Weenie

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

I am currently using an EC90 for that I really have little reason to complain about, but I fell in love with a steel bike ridden by one of the guys in my area. I have since gone from looking at steel bikes and forks to looking at ti bikes and wavering on the fork. I will probably go with a carbon fork again because as you say they are quite nice now. Steel forks have a wonderful ride, but I have trouble getting around the weight -- unless the fork were something special.