Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:51 pm 

I currently have an aluminum no name cross frame with the carbon Redline fork but I would like to make this into a city bike with flat bars and Paul's thumbies 10 speed maybe but more likely I will go with 9 speed 105 that is on the cross bike. Yes a light weight city bike. Stupid yes but I have a disease and it is called WWism.

The current build is around 19.75 lbs and the current frame is around 1650g and the fork is around 710g.

I would like to be able to drop the weight of the build down to around 18.5 lbs with just the frame and forks if possible. I will then most likely do the build around Ultegra 10. I already have an Easton EC90 post, Fizik Arione saddle, Syntace F99 stem, Easton EC90 carbon bars, Eggbeater Candy SL pedals and a FSA compact crank. So most of the parts are pretty light at this point.

The only parts that I am not sure about using is the crank set and the brakes. I am currently using the Tektro Mini V's and I really like the way they work but I might change them out for something lighter. The cranks are the FSA Energy which are pretty light for a non carbon crank. I will stick with a double up front and they currently have a 48t/34t set up.

So any suggestions on a good cross frame and fork (forks I might just go with the Easton since I am an Easton man).

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:51 pm