YETI ARC-X... my 2008 frame or???

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

koser

by koser

Hey

I´m on the lookout for a new cross machine for the next season!!! (frame)
been ring ridley 2 years now... and find them a bit short for me!

So, the same dealer (import company) will have Yeti next season and therefor they said this is a great frame...!

So... anoyone have any sort of knowledge about it... i know about their mtb frames and all that

What do you think... i think it looks great (in a retro kind of way) the geomtry looks good to me (from the website) :D
Attachments
2008CXProfileDBDT.jpg
GN20070425CycloImg.jpg
In the movie "The Matrix", Chuck Norris is the Matrix. If you pay close attention in the green "falling code" scenes, you can make out the faint texture of his beard.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

The Spider

by The Spider

I was looking at pictures from Sea Otter and saw those frames..

The price if FANTASTIC!

$1100 us for an easton ec90 fork, chris king headset and frame....that is amazing.

I'm cursing that I've just laid down more than that for a carbon Stevens.

CXF

by CXF

id go with the stevens even if it was 5 times the price. nothing can be said about that yeti that hasnt been said about afghanistan.....................................................................bombed out and depleted
its cross season buddy

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

yeti bikes were part of my first wet dreams, these are the greatest bikes(wether they're the best or not is another point)! thanks god i could buy a freerider last year to finally have a yeti in my garage...
the painting is very nice, and i like the top tube shape for shouldering, at least they really made their own ideas and didn't just put an easton tube set together with different geometry.
i can't see in the pic what exactly the asymmetric chainstay thing is about. schwinn mtb's had that in the past. means that wheels have to be trued to the middle a few mm's, so you can't ride e.g. lightweight wheels because one can't true them. but with a frameset like that you will probably go for handbuilt chrisking/mavic reflex wheels and then you can solve that from the beginning. maybe it's just the shape of the yoke behind the bb area and does not require asymmetric wheels.
the price seems to be a killer regarding what you get, both functionally and image-wise.
sad that yetis are twice the price here, and most of them are very hard to get...
if there's the chance for you, i would take it, only problem could be that you get one before the cross season.

The Spider

by The Spider

Simon,

the assymetric chain stays just refer to the fact that when they leave the bottom bracket junction they don't mirror each other.

I believe it's a cnc junction (box like)...

yeah, here it is mate!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... 7/p1130672

Yeti spec page:

http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/BikesCX2008.cfm

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

yesssss, another reason to get one!

brianwchan

by brianwchan

wow what a great paintjob! This may be my next bike 8)

seriousconsult

by seriousconsult

Of all the bikes I have ever rode, the yeti has the best pully for the front derailleur -results in great shifting up front with very little effort.

koser

by koser

hmm...

thanks for the reply - the bikes will be in my hand before cross season starts... get it in end september!

I have studying geometri schemes alot - and this one seems to fit me very well.. (i need a bit longer toptube than ex Ridley) but same standover hight (max)

i still need to get it in my range of money - and a quality alu frame with a good fork is the right way for me - no carbon frame... they are nice but for 200g i will not pay that much ekstra money - then rather send them on better wheels or ekstra wheels...
thay ar said to be around 1380-1420g the frames

but - i will get it, and will post it a soon as i get it!

build up will be a "standart" build

WCS
Dura ace
SLR sadle
wheels - hmmm
- problerbly Hugi240 or DUra ace w sapim laser/cx-ray spokes and refleks rim
Crankbrothers
Tires.....hmm don´t know yet (maybe the new schwalpe racing ralp cross tub)

cheers....
In the movie "The Matrix", Chuck Norris is the Matrix. If you pay close attention in the green "falling code" scenes, you can make out the faint texture of his beard.

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

The bike is really nice looking, but the September availability worries me. You sound to be in the loop -- they are expecting delivery to be on time and no pushed back to mid-November so something like that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

I hope those interested have pre-ordered. I was told that the ARC-X has sold out with no date on the next production run.