Taiwanese manufacturers of cross frames ?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

timbat

by timbat

Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the Taiwanese manufacturers make a cross frame in either carbon, alloy or carbon/alloy ?

Thanks,

timbat

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

uote="timbat"]Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the Taiwanese manufacturers make a cross frame in either carbon, alloy or carbon/alloy ?

Thanks,

timbat[/quote]
yes ,a lot of them do
if you pay ,they do everything...
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5490 ... 1568.0.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timbat

by timbat

Which manufacturers would be good to try ? (the Taiwanese ones)

Does anyone know which Taiwanese manufacturer lines up with the brands that get cross bikes built there ?

Thanks!

timbat

by timbat

^^^

Someone will know!

seriousconsult

by seriousconsult

Do you mean which brands are made in Taiwan or which Taiwanese companies market cross bikes or something else?

mtb_frk

by mtb_frk

What I would like to know is which companies use the same manufacturer. So if I buy brand x bike for $1000 or brand y for $600 I know I am getting the same build quality because the same people are building them...

timbat

by timbat

mtb_frk wrote:What I would like to know is which companies use the same manufacturer. So if I buy brand x bike for $1000 or brand y for $600 I know I am getting the same build quality because the same people are building them...

Yeah, thats what I mean exactly! Thanks for wording it that way ...

tedgrant

by tedgrant

I have a specialized langster, and specialized sirrus and a giant Tcx, all are made of butted aluminum, all the frames weight within ounces of each other, they are all made in taiwan, and the welds are absolutely identical on all of them (I know how to weld). the odds are the same manufacturer made them all, specialized calls their aluminum A1, giant calls it 6066sl, those are simply marketing terms...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CXF

by CXF

my stevens was made in taiwan (i took the sticker off) i also have 2 flanders which i think were made in the fareast(taiwan?). and i think my ridley too.whomever made these frames are not going to put there "house" name on and sell them. i dont think the buissness world is run like that. the manufacturer is going to make the same money selling them with there brand name for $600 , or another brand name for $1000. what do they care what you save.who would buy a KJHUGYGFUHF even if it were half the price. ridley carbons are made in taiwan. and there cheaper here in the usa then in belgium (ive been to belgium and seen the prices). we have cheap frames here in the usa such as surly and red line to name a few. and thats what they are , cheap. step up and buy a ridley etc.
its cross season buddy