Pics of Hueles Bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Thijsje

by Thijsje

Does anyone know why he doesn't ride the Stevens carbon frame? I think Stevens would rather have him riding a carbon...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

they don't have it in his size and are telling him since september that he'll get them in the next weeks. but they should be here before new year...he saw a frame in size 56 on a scale with paint and seatclamp, think below 1300 grams, so pretty good. but the geometry is different to his alloy frames, that sucks in my eyes...

cx_fan

by cx_fan

The team is folding at the end of the cross season because of rampant drug use within the team. The sponser has pulled the plug on the whole operation.

They are not going to but R&D money into a frame when the team is going away.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

cx_fan wrote:The team is folding at the end of the cross season because of rampant drug use within the team. The sponser has pulled the plug on the whole operation.

They are not going to but R&D money into a frame when the team is going away.

you are writing bullshit

cx_fan

by cx_fan

Hey Kuiper,
Here is the link from www.cyclocrossworld.com dated Oct 24th and other storys from www.cyclingnews.com

http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm ... Disabled=0

Here is the text of the story:
Stevens Racing Team to Abandon
October 24, 2006
The German Cyclocross team, Stevens Racing, will not continue to exist in the New Year. Christian Heule (Swi), Camiel van den Bergh (Ned), Tim van Nuffel (B), Greg Reain (Can), and Peter Presslauer (Au) will all be looking for a new job. This is especially hard for Van Nuffel and Van den Bergh. “After the Berden saga with the Saey-Deschacht team I run into the same problem not even two years later” according to a disappointed Van Nuffel. “Just like then, I don’t have anything to do with it now. But same result as then, I am out of a job.” (cyclo-cross.info)

For several weeks the team has been under pressure as a result of doping allegations. Team manager Werner von Hacht has now decided to stop with professional cycling. Von Hacht is resolute in his denial of any involvement with doping: “I hereby declare that I don’t have any involvement in the manipulation of the control nor with doping in general.” “The request for a license for a continental pro team for 2007 will be withdrawn; the Stevens Racing Team will cease to exist as a result.”

German Champion Johannes Sickmuller has been under investigation in particular. Team doctor Til Steinmeier is alleged to have supplied him with doping products. Sickmuller’s house and practice facility was searched by the authorities last week. The results of this will not be known for weeks.

But in the last few days manager von Hacht has come under pressure as well as it was alleged that he was responsible for making sure that the doctor in charge of the doping control at the German Nationals this past January was replaced. Sickmullers team doctor became the new doctor, replacing the original doctor. The German Federation assumes now that the doping control of Sickmuller was manipulated as a result of the switch.

Here is the story in www.cyclingnews.com

Doping scandal reaches German cyclo-cross team
According to radsportnews.com the German cyclo-cross outfit Team Stevens Racing has suspended reigning national cyclo-cross champion Johannes Sickmüller from the team. The suspension comes after the newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung revealed allegations that a famous German sports physician, Dr. Til Steinmeier, was supplying doping products to a number of athletes, including Sickmüller and a former member of the team, Fabian Brzezinski.

The allegations, made anonymously by a former colleague of Steinmeier, included photographs of computer screens showing athletes' names and treatment details. Both Steinmeier and Team Stevens Racing deny the accusations, and are considering legal action.

Team Stevens Racing manager Werner von Hacht said he "was shocked about the accusations, and insists on clearing up the matter." He emphasized that "one of the implicated riders, Fabian Brzezinski, had not been a part of the team since mid-September," and that the team stands for a clean sport. Both of the riders implicated, Brzezinski and Sickmüller, denied any wrong-doing. Brzezinski said he passed six doping controls last year and that he was thrown out of the team in September because "he didn’t fit."

Here is the other story from CN:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /oct25news

Stevens cyclo-cross team calls it a day
As a result of the doping allegations against German cyclist Johannes Sickmuller, the Stevens Racing Team has decided not to apply for next year’s license.

Werner Von Hacht explained to www.rad-net.de, that the team does not want to be connected with doping, "although we, as a team, have nothing to do with all of this."

Current team members Christian Heule, Tim Van Nuffel, and Camiel Van Den Berg will have to look for another team.

Timo

by Timo

I think Kuiper owes somebody an appology :roll:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Auk

by Auk

Timo wrote:I think Kuiper owes somebody an appology :roll:

It would not be the first time.

cx_fan

by cx_fan

Timo wrote:I think Kuiper owes somebody an appology :roll:

I am just an American kid, who races full time, 35+ age group, that reads alot of Flemish websites and is cross crazy.

Name calling will get us nowhere....

Edited for content
Last edited by cx_fan on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timo

by Timo

The point is that it's lame to use words like "crap" and "you are writing bullshit" before even knowing your sources. He clearly didn't even care to check the well known cycling websites. In short: Kuiper simply assumed that you were talking crap but that shows (again) that he's not the expert he believes himself to be.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

stevens won't buy a continental team license for 2007 and have a lot of german riders that don't bring anything than bad news and bad results anyway(don't want to offense anyone, but this is the truth in short words).
they will have kind of an elite team with their foreign riders, vannuffel, heule, etc.
as their fully continueing selling their cyclocross bike-line, they are interested in having good riders on these bikes and promoting them.
stevens is not the only brand promising carbon bikes, then getting later and later in releasing them.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

I didn't new about that "doping conflict"
so that's why I asked for a source,
I only knew that Stevens was going to quite sponsoring, they only will do Elite. For Van Nuffel is his contract running until March, don't know how it is with the rest but I guess for Elite is will get continued

Sorry for that but last time every where is standing "Doping bla... Doping bla.." and if people don't post it with source or something, I get frustrated with that.

Boonen

by Boonen

Simon, do you know if the bigger riders still will be riding for Stevens next year or do they ride Stevens bikes under a different name? It would mean good news to some of their better riders that were said to be out of a job soon?
From meeting the man behind Stevens bikes a few months ago I believe he's a very nice man and very passionate and interested in his bikes and how to improve them. I would think they are still interested in doing some sort of R&D in the cyclocross frames as well as they are building these bikes for the people that buy them as well and not for the pro-racers only.

@Kuiper, I think you owe somebody an apology yet again, as said before you don't necessarily have to post in every thread you read. You are of course entitled to have an opinion but to keep things friendly here I would suggest choosing a different approach. (edit: I see you were a bit quicker then me here)
Last edited by Boonen on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breeze

by breeze

Kuiper wrote:Sorry for that but last time every where is standing "Doping bla... Doping bla.." and if people don't post it with source or something, I get frustrated with that.

This "doping bla..." is a central theme of cycling, better: of EVERY competition sport AND of our society! This exists much more than we would like to believe, and only the blinded persons and the ones on the idealistic side of life don´t want to recognise it!
So don´t get frustrated when you hear such themes, because ALL of the people who consumes that things are to blame for it, that the world HAS TO speak about it!