Cross Fit

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

raxerbke

by raxerbke

Hey guys....so Im new to WW and Im just wondering how your cross fit should compare to your road fit. I would usually assume:

Saddle: .5 cm lower?
reach: 1 cm shorter?
height: 1cm higher or the same as road?

simply with the pressure on the lower back I assume u would go higher, saddle lower for dismounts and such, and perhaps a little short to make the bike a little quicker turning? Are these correct assumptions?

Thanks a lot!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allons-y

by allons-y

really whatever is comfy works best....

i keep my saddle the same height. no problem in mounts/dismounts, but when i lower it, and then go out and ride the road bike, it feels really odd and my legs hurt sometimes, so i keep it the same

my reach is 1.5cm shorter. I prefer a shorter stem for cross (I feel it gives a better feel handling, as in that it is more responsive and turny, 100 for cross vs. 110 road) and my top tube is also .5cm shorter than on my road frame. this is going to change when i have my bike built for next season possibily, I am not sure yet.

height (i assume you mean saddle-bar drop?) I think mine is either the same or .5cm less drop. I could see going a bit higher would be nice for some, I am leaning towards mine being the same (I forget how I have it set up). It works for me

I do have my handlebar rotated at a different angle so that i spend most of the time on the hoods, as opposed to road where i try to get it so that the three positions are all equally comfortable. in reality this means bars rotated up a bit more with the brake hoods placed slightly higher up (or back, depending on how you thinkg about it) on the bars than on my cross setup

really though, there is no "rule", we are speaking of 'cross after all

edit - after reading the link, I basically echoe'd it. Yet I had less distinguished mentor's and have only been racing 'cross a few months, but am addicited