12-11: Pijnacker World Cup

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Boogie

by Boogie

@OCCP: It is the bike of Clement LHotterelie I guess it write it wrong. He is riding niext season for Shill-Shimano, so the Koga is a rebadeged product.

@Kuiper: you're the new mechanic of Simon? :)

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Boogie wrote:@Kuiper: you're the new mechanic of Simon? :)

Haha, not really no one can replace Hans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i can't write much about the race. at the start, i nearly crashed together with malte urban who wanted to overtake where he couldn't. with this bad start, i was maybe on 25th place where we rode the first time in the field. there were so many riders who didn't ride a straight line, so i couldn't go many places forward.
after half a lap, i realised that i maybe forgot the good legs at home or something, i was just to weak. i didn't ride perfectly in the mud, but surely better than in rüti(switzerland, day after tabor), but it wasn't by far enough.
chris was a great help for us!pijnacker is difficult, you walk for 20 minutes from the riders parking to the box, so everyone who can just take a bike or some wheels is welcome :D and the washing place wasn't to good, so chris stood there with bike nr.3 when hans was still cleaning bike nr.2 when i rode through the box.
stoeperd, have you been at the hurdles once and in the end on this little street 500 m before the finish? i heard someone calling my name louder than others there and thought maybe it could have been you(if legs don't turn, you have a lot of things to think about during a race...)

Boogie

by Boogie

simon wrote:stoeperd, have you been at the hurdles once and in the end on this little street 500 m before the finish? i heard someone calling my name louder than others there and thought maybe it could have been you(if legs don't turn, you have a lot of things to think about during a race...)

Maybe it was me and Luuk at the hurdles?

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

yes, could have been you as well.
thanks so much for the dvd, watched the koppenberg race yesterday, this was just awesome, i have never seen something that describes cyclocross more than that...

Boogie

by Boogie

So next year I see you 1nov on the koppenberg competing with Nijs and CO?:P

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Boogie wrote:So next year I see you 1nov on the koppenberg competing with Nijs and CO?:P

There was also a DVD about Treviso, was that also comming from you?
If yes I was there when you gaved it.

Boogie

by Boogie

Yes, I gave that DVD with Treviso and Koppenberg

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Boogie wrote:Yes, I gave that DVD with Treviso and Koppenberg

Oke hehe, then I have seen you!

Stoeperd

by Stoeperd

Simon, I was saying your name once at the hurdles. That was after 30 minutes or so.
Did you see something of the under 23 race? I was riding there and finished 31e of the 39. Who elso was riding too?

What is your opinion of the track? Did you like the bridges? The start was very dangerous because of the bump, they were going so fast that they fly and crashed.
The bike isn't the problem

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Stoeperd wrote:Simon,
Did you see something of the under 23 race? I was riding there and finished 31e of the 39. Who elso was riding too?

If I am right he did not saw the U23, he was at the roller probably or riding from the hotel to the Team Parking. I saw you riding (on the end) Stoep when I was walking arround with Hans and another lady arround the parcours. Hmm while I am thinking again I am not sure Simon was testing some other tubes.

Müsing

by Müsing

simon wrote:yes, could have been you as well.
thanks so much for the dvd, watched the koppenberg race yesterday, this was just awesome, i have never seen something that describes cyclocross more than that...

the koppenberg cross is a great race to watch at least. I do not know how it is for a rider - but if you look in the faces of them, you will see;). well, except Nys, he was really special there.

I hope that I can go there next year again. have been there twice now. great!

luuk

by luuk

Stoeperd wrote:Simon, I was saying your name once at the hurdles. That was after 30 minutes or so.

I was there too, I finished 32nd place the man in green (uwtc). in the beginning of the race you was behind me then you took some EPO en flew over me, was that you?
do you also ride Lieshout?

Stoeperd

by Stoeperd

Haha Luuk that was me!! I always have a bad start and then after a few rounds I can ride much harder.

I don't ride Lieshout, my next national cx will be 3 dec Moergestel.
The bike isn't the problem

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com