Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 1050
Location: New Zealand
I'm looking for a new pair of pedals for my Cross Check.

About 60% of this bikes' use is on the road, the remaining 40% is offroad with the clay-style mud we get around here. I don't race, and since I'm the only CX rider in New Zealand, I never will.

I'm looking at either the Candy or the Quattro pedal.

My thoughts were to get the Quattros. I can put the Quattro cleats on my road shoes, and a pair of 'normal' cleats on my mountain shoes.

But I searched the forum here and there is not a single mention of the Quattros, which makes me doubt my decision that they might make a good CX pedal.

Has anyone had experience with both? I would love to hear a good comparison. Anything has to be better than my Record Pro-Fits and road shoes :shock:

Cheers

Tristan


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 5
Quatro is a fine road pedal. The cleat(which is a standard candy cleat with a plastic outer guard that increases surface area contact) that comes with it will clog easier than a candy cleat. I sometimes use my mtb shoes with just a candy cleat with my quatro pedals. This works fine too. Hope this helps...


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:00 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Why not run regular Egg Beaters? They're much better suited for that clay-style mud than Candy or Quattro that will clog relatively easy due to the platform around the wings.

The regular Eggies will also work well on the road, I've used them plenty on long, up to 190km, roadrides without problems of any kind. You'll just need to use the road cleats to avoid them damaging your carbon soles.

_________________
Just get out and ride!
Principia Revolution on road & Rivette H6 off road!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:53 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Derby, UK
yes, i've had good experience using the regular egg beaters on my road bike and would have no hesitation recommending them.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Anyone tried the Fulcrum RACING QUATTRO CARBON clincher

in Everything wheels

madonna

12

2301

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:54 am

markgoldstein View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bora One 35 Clincher vs Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon - Clin

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Everything wheels

mejepa

33

6728

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:55 am

ardi View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Oval Concepts 520 crank vs 5750 crank weights?

in Road

kkapdolee

0

536

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:18 pm

kkapdolee View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. look pedals

in Road

Timmy269

14

1196

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:49 pm

ryanw View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New pedals, LOOK or Speedplay?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

PLuKE

24

1815

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:21 am

BdaGhisallo View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited