Anyone used this tire?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Anyone ridden the schwalbe CX pro? I want to run Stans on my clincher CX wheels, and currently run Michelin Muds. Stans has advised against running michelin tires tubeless for cx and reccomended Schwalbe among others. I would also drop about 40 gms per tire.

Exar

by Exar

I've used the CX Pro wire-bead version as a training tire, they're a bit smallish for their advertised size (35C I believe, looks more like a 30C) but they perform well in the mud. I was not too thrilled with their cornering capabilities, which could have been because I had the cheap-o version.
Chains to the right!

by Weenie

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

michelin runs with stans
i use them

schwalbe is good for very muddy conditions, better than michelin mud
elmar

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

schwalbes are on the small side, and the mud gets stuck in the thread and doesn't come out well. michelins are wider and you can ride them with less pressure because of that, and that gives a lot of grip as well. the thread is a bit similar to the traditional grifo thread, but with less place between the knobs.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Why do you think Stans was against using michelins?

by Weenie

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

schwalbe -michelin

two years ago we had a race in luxemburg where it was possible to ride a steep uphill with schwalbe , but much more heavier with michelin
elmar