Sram Force 1x Crankset and Preload Adjuster question

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

cassard

by cassard

I just installed my crankset Force 1x BB30 on my CK T47 bottom bracket and I have one or two questions. I followed the SRAM tech instructions.

But when I tighten the preload adjuster in the arrow direction like they say, until it stops, I still feel some friction when I turn the crankset. And if I take off just a bit of tension, it's smoother. is it normal ?

Also, the preload adjuster beeing made of plastic doesn't seem to be very sturdy or durable. Some of my friends mechanics told me it's crap and it will become loose and I should put spacers instead.

and Finally when installing, the instructions tell to tap with the mallet to slide it, but I didn't need to do it, it seems to slide fine and then I just had to screw and torque it to 54 Nm. is that normal ?

Any insights ?

moyboy

by moyboy

Tolerances are tight with some bottom brackets which would require a rubber mallet or so to help it in.

As for the pre-load, it does feel insignificant and i'm using spacers on my bike instead of it. I'm using it with a 386 BB so I had to use it without the preload.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com