Looking for some advice and recommendations.
I have my dream road bike—18' BMC Team Machine SLR01 One Disc, but I am now thinking about a more general purpose bike. An all-rounder of sorts.
- Want something I am ok with being thrown around, getting supremely dirty, riding in the wet, gravel, mud etc.
- If it could keep up with others on a slow shop ride that would be even better
- Don't want to have a high end premium mentality (but want it to last; thinking Shimano 105 at least?). Aim is to not be entirely paranoid leaving it locked up at the shops/pub/work bike cage.
- Don't care about weight per se.
- Frame: aluminium, titanium?
- I don't do CX yet, but looks a whole lot of fun.
- Very flat in Melbourne (mostly).
- Raining, or big chance of rain
- Commuting to work
- Ride around town, shops, to the pub
- Maybe CX
I am sure there are others out there who have had similar plans. Really not sure what path to go down.
(1) Single speed
(3) Gravel Grinder
Feel free to shoot me some links, post your bike, or the one you are thinking about etc. Any help greatly appreciated.