Mason Bokeh x Campagnolo H11

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bananapls

by bananapls

Hi!

This is my first bike build, where i feel i'm going "all in" on components. It's not, by far, compared to the many builds on this site. But i'm quite maxed on the budget.

So, whats in bold i have already aquired, the frameset is in order, the Enve parts and the Look Pedals are already here. Is there any obvious parts i can shave some weight on, on this list? Without going Schmolke, Lightweight and other super boutique and expensive parts? I want the whole build made out of european and american parts.

Obviously, the frameset is the main heavyweight in this list, but i'm not changing that.
The H0 build will be around 600 euros / 500 dollars cheaper than the H11 one.

Will keep posting progress pics, once the frameset and the other parts arrive.

Marius, Norway

silvalis

by silvalis

ooh. Bokehs are rad.

ritchey wcs seatpost and stem will net you maybe 50g savings, but probably not worth it if you already have the enve stuff

ritchey evo evomax bars are a smidgeon lighter ~30g.
venturemax is about the the same as the cowbell but a lot wider
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jemima

by jemima

Any reason why you've chosen those Mavic rims?

and is that same wheelset a complete build you're purchasing (price?) , or are you building the wheel up yourself?
Curve Grovel ti.

bananapls

by bananapls

I’m lacing, a friend of mine trueing. I just find them nice on a price to weight/looks/tubeless capability aspect. As for the Enve parts, i’ve always dreamed about getting that, but the steep price held me of. Managed to pick up both stem and seat post for around 160 euros, in 9/10 condition.

bananapls

by bananapls

So, this is the build list i ended up with. I got the DT Swiss wheelset in return for a graphic design favor i did for my LBS. Its quite heavy, but it will do for this season atleast. The build also seems alot heavier now, but most of these are my own, accuracte weights. The ones in the first post was the manufacturers information.

Frame should be in the mail soon, been waiting for nearly 3 months now :E I was told last week that it would ship this week.

Anyways, i got this package today:

Always dreamed of "achieving" this D:

Some weighings:

Miche Primato Light 12-32T (Shimano boss)
Campagnolo Record F.D. with 32mm clamp
Enve Road 100 mm stem
Campagnolo H11 160 mm rotor
Campagnolo H11 140 mm rotor
Record H0 Medium Cage
Campagnolo Record BB cups

DJT21

by DJT21

Looks good so far! I'd probably swap the Enve stuff for Deda Superleggero as it looks far nicer, is lighter and you'll probably make some profit if you buy it second hand.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Let the games begin! I'm looking forward seeing more of this thread.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Ulver

by Ulver

Interesting to finally see someone build one with Campagnolo. I was planning to build one up but with some lighter wheels and 32 or 35mm tyres and deda SL finishing kit as a multi day col collector / light tourer. Will be interesting to see the final weight. Have you missed the weight of cables/hoses?

FreaK

by FreaK

Looks like a cool build!
I'm excited to see it together. You'll have to report on the combo
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

Attermann

by Attermann

are you sure that enve stem is a geniuine one?

bananapls

by bananapls

Attermann wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 am
are you sure that enve stem is a geniuine one?
I bought that and the seatpost second hand from a serious local guy that got it with a Moots bike. He showed me the receipt, so im pretty sure its real. Whats your concern? ;(

Frame should arrive today. Its currently out of customs. Ordered it 15th of january ;’D

bananapls

by bananapls

Frankie - B wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 am
Let the games begin! I'm looking forward seeing more of this thread.
Thanks man, i'm looking forward too it aswell 8)
Ulver wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm
Interesting to finally see someone build one with Campagnolo. I was planning to build one up but with some lighter wheels and 32 or 35mm tyres and deda SL finishing kit as a multi day col collector / light tourer. Will be interesting to see the final weight. Have you missed the weight of cables/hoses?
Hey! Yeah, as far as i know, this will be the first Bokeh with campy. I've only seen a Definition 2 with campagnolo so far. Can't wait to try it out :) The weight on the shifters is from campagnolo, i havnt weighed mine yet, so its probably without cables and hoses yea.
FreaK wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:19 am
Looks like a cool build!
I'm excited to see it together. You'll have to report on the combo
Thanks man, me too :) I will post more pictures when i get the frame, and of the build in the following days.

Attermann

by Attermann

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150845

They are discussing it here, maybe it’s just me, watching on the mobile can fool you sometimes

bananapls

by bananapls

Some sneak peaks :)

Im really disappointed with the weight though. I havnt cut the seat post and stuff yet, but its probably the wheels and tires that are the biggest factor. Will come back with complete build pics and weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bananapls

by bananapls

And here it is!