Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm 

I come from Hong Kong and like to share my cycling experience in Mainland China. As I am a native Chinese, so my blog content will be in Chinese wording. I would like to show you how to translate my blog content into English wording. The translated content maybe sometimes unmeaningful, hope that it will not disturb you, thanks! The following procedures for opening my blog :
1. Click to the first page of my blog :
https://stanleypyk.blogspot.hk/2017/04/blog-post.html?m=0
2. After showing that screen, please click on the left top corner to select the red circle word for English translation.
3. Then the Chinese content will be translated to English content as following screen.
4. Scroll down to the lower half of the page, you can see that at the right hand side has a no. of blog link to view different journey content.

Last edited by stanleypyk on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:16 pm 

Thank you for sharing this, Stanley. I am looking into cycling Taiwan and China. Your pictures give a great impression of what to expect. Are those "greenways" officially designated bicycling routes? Or did you rather find them on your own? Do you have a complete map of where you went?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:00 am 

phlip wrote:
Thank you for sharing this, Stanley. I am looking into cycling Taiwan and China. Your pictures give a great impression of what to expect. Are those "greenways" officially designated bicycling routes? Or did you rather find them on your own? Do you have a complete map of where you went?

Nice to have the first reply from you. Those "greenways" have been constructed by the government in China. You may refer to the following url link : http://www.americantrails.org/resources/international/Pearl-River-Greenway-China.html and I started to have my first trip as same as the period of construction of "greenways". Most of trips in the blog has a small map in the content, if you have interest about some of trips, you can tell me to provide more detail one in english version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm 

I can show the picture now ! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm 

Is there an official, perhaps even interactive, map of the greenways? As a HK citizen, do you need a visa to cross the border and cycle in Guangdong? What is this map: http://www.gdcic.net/GdcicIms/UploadPho ... 825290.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 am 

phlip wrote:
Is there an official, perhaps even interactive, map of the greenways? As a HK citizen, do you need a visa to cross the border and cycle in Guangdong? What is this map: http://www.gdcic.net/GdcicIms/UploadPho ... 825290.jpg

There is some of official map of the greenways. The map : http://www.gdcic.net/GdcicIms/UploadPho ... 825290.jpg is the Outline of the Green River Network of the Pearl River in Guangdong. But all those maps all in chinese wording, you can refer to above map and I give you the translated label that indicated the route of map :
the lower right corner of the map shows the following label :
translated label :

I cross the border and cycle in Guangdong need the "Entry Permit for HK and Macau Residents" for those Hong Kong and Macau people, we don't need visa.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 am 

Thank you! very useful information!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:19 pm 

james3433 wrote:
Thank you! very useful information!

It's nice to have your appreciation, thanks!

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:19 pm