Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ooo

by ooo

new frame, flat mount, 12x100 front, fork with internal routing

Yishun LCG010-D

'

by Weenie

bumpkin

by bumpkin

Where does one in the USA actually by Yishun products?

Pete611

by Pete611

Has anyone had any experience with this frame?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606826617 ... ifications

LeDuke

by LeDuke

bumpkin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm
Where does one in the USA actually by Yishun products?
On their website. They then ship your purchase to your abode.

buffalob

by buffalob

Huh, that frameset has pretty much everything I'm looking for: Wide tire clearance, frame/fender mounts, etc. The only bummer is that seatpost clamp wedge makes me nervous. If it breaks I wonder how hard it is to find a replacement...
Pete611 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 am
Has anyone had any experience with this frame?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606826617 ... ifications

drider85

by drider85

Mine had rear fender mounts but none for the fork. Which I found a bit odd but has been fine for my purposes.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

b5000

by b5000

ndbike,

decided against it. I really thought it could be built into a really fun bike (and def can be) but then realized it was just too much of a selfish middle age dude indulgence at this point. I have a great CX bike (BH RX Team) that is enough for now..

Though a friend did get this frame and I can confirm its based on the 3T exploro (cough: very close copy of exploro).. additionally it improves on the problematic seatpost mech of the 3T). will get take some photos next time I see it)

ndbike wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:25 am
b5000 wrote:Hi out there -

Anyone have any experience with this frame: https://imgur.com/a/RNUQv

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thru-Axle-Carbo ... 3153129194

Anyone who is familiar with this design should know what its "based" on. (3T Exploro)

It looks like they have simplified the seat post securing method that was a big gripe on the reviews of the original frame. Also the rear dropout has an option to convert it back and forth between QR and TA. It looks like the only thing different in the TA and QR versions are the front forks. Weight is a bit more than the original 1237g vs 1150g (+87g more) - but totally acceptable given the price.

Looks like a fun potential project - just wondering if anyone out there has tried this frame or any similar versions of it.
Have you made any moves on this? I was just looking at this frameset over the weekend and would love to know if anyone has tried it yet. Seems rather new because I can´t find anyone with it in any chinese frame posts in any of the gravel forums.

ndbike

by ndbike

b5000 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 am
ndbike,

decided against it. I really thought it could be built into a really fun bike (and def can be) but then realized it was just too much of a selfish middle age dude indulgence at this point. I have a great CX bike (BH RX Team) that is enough for now..

Though a friend did get this frame and I can confirm its based on the 3T exploro (cough: very close copy of exploro).. additionally it improves on the problematic seatpost mech of the 3T). will get take some photos next time I see it)
Well, I ordered one back in November and I've been the victim of XDB's incompetence when it comes to getting stuff through Customs. It's been in Europe since early December, but it just keeps going from place to place as the Customs offices either close the door on them or ask XDB to pay more than they expected to import it. I've opened a dispute with PayPal to try to get my money back. This is ridiculous, it's going on 3 months since I paid and it was shipped from China.