Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

edwinx

by edwinx

askeAnker wrote:
edwinx wrote:
askeAnker wrote:Just received my CFR505 from Carbonda. After initial expection it looks very good. It's not my first open mould cross/gravel bike but this by far surpasses the other ones in terms of finish and (initial) quality. The price is also a notch higher, but so far it seems to be worth the extra cost. Will post more detaails when the build is done.Image

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What is your part list this frame?

What came along with the order? Frame, fork, seat post, thru axles (not in picture) and frame accessories. They could provide headset as well for additional 12 dollars, but I already have one that fits.

sorry, I mean, what parts are you going to put on this frame? (wheels, groupo, etc)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

askeAnker

by askeAnker

edwinx wrote:
askeAnker wrote:
edwinx wrote:
askeAnker wrote:Just received my CFR505 from Carbonda. After initial expection it looks very good. It's not my first open mould cross/gravel bike but this by far surpasses the other ones in terms of finish and (initial) quality. The price is also a notch higher, but so far it seems to be worth the extra cost. Will post more detaails when the build is done.Image

What came along with the order? Frame, fork, seat post, thru axles (not in picture) and frame accessories. They could provide headset as well for additional 12 dollars, but I already have one that fits.

sorry, I mean, what parts are you going to put on this frame? (wheels, groupo, etc)

Aha! ;) Rival1 groupset, DT-Swiss R24 spline DB wheelset, Zipp service course stem and handlebar, PRO Condor saddle, Conti Cyclo-cross Speed 35mm or Michelin dynamic classic 28mm tires. Nothing crazy fancy.
Would like to try it out with 27,5" wheels as well.

Relientk1202

by Relientk1202

askeAnker wrote:
edwinx wrote:
askeAnker wrote:
edwinx wrote:

Aha! ;) Rival1 groupset, DT-Swiss R24 spline DB wheelset, Zipp service course stem and handlebar, PRO Condor saddle, Conti Cyclo-cross Speed 35mm or Michelin dynamic classic 28mm tires. Nothing crazy fancy.

Did you weight the frame and fork? Also what size is this?

askeAnker

by askeAnker

Relientk1202 wrote:
askeAnker wrote:
edwinx wrote:
askeAnker wrote:What came along with the order? Frame, fork, seat post, thru axles (not in picture) and frame accessories. They could provide headset as well for additional 12 dollars, but I already have one that fits.

Did you weight the frame and fork? Also what size is this?

It's size L. Not a VERY light weight frame. But I guess that's not the main goal with this frame.
Sorry for the photo rotation..ImageImageImage

Relientk1202

by Relientk1202

Thanks I have a Workswell and it’s pretty porky too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Is it rude to ask what that frame set cost?

askeAnker

by askeAnker

Gearjunkie wrote:Is it rude to ask what that frame set cost?

490usd for the frameset and 26usd for the TAs. Ex shipping. Depends on where you live. They also offered headset for 12usd, but I already had one.

PMC

by PMC

SpeederCycling has a similar frame (Carbon Gravel Frameset SC-G23D) and I was just quoted 459 for the frame/fork/seatpost and 95 shipping to the US.

It's probably the same bike as the pictures look the same and kinda makes me want to build one just to do it as it's barely more than an Enve fork at retail.

askeAnker

by askeAnker

PMC wrote:

SpeederCycling has a similar frame (Carbon Gravel Frameset SC-G23D) and I was just quoted 459 for the frame/fork/seatpost and 95 shipping to the US.

It's probably the same bike as the pictures look the same and kinda makes me want to build one just to do it as it's barely more than an Enve fork at retail.

True, but that is the "classic" open mould gravel frame with the 3T/OpenCycles lowered chainstay, sold by many open mould sellers.
I'm pretty sure the CFR505 design is owned by Carbonda. I have not seen it anywhere else at least.

ooo

by ooo

askeAnker, what is real tire clearance for 28" wheels ? which bb standard you ordered?
'

askeAnker

by askeAnker

ooo wrote:askeAnker, what is real tire clearance for 28" wheels ? which bb standard you ordered?

I ordered BB86 since they had that in stock. 2 months production time for BSA. Do you mean the actual measurement between seat stays and between the chain stays? Because tire clearance is always dependent on rims and tires.

dittoalex

by dittoalex

Has anyone been able to fit 52/36T chainset on either the Carbonda CFR-505 or the mould sold as the Workswell WCB-R-125/Tideace FM-CX072/GF-001/ST-F119/PRO-R8014/3T Exploro?

Sellers keep saying max is 50/34T but I'm not sure how much of a compatibility margin they're allowing.

Ideally, I would fit a 53/39T 6870 Di2 on one of these 650B/47C-accepting frames, if someone could think of a way.

Relientk1202

by Relientk1202

dittoalex wrote:Has anyone been able to fit 52/36T chainset on either the Carbonda CFR-505 or the mould sold as the Workswell WCB-R-125/Tideace FM-CX072/GF-001/ST-F119/PRO-R8014/3T Exploro?

Sellers keep saying max is 50/34T but I'm not sure how much of a compatibility margin they're allowing.

Ideally, I would fit a 53/39T 6870 Di2 on one of these 650B/47C-accepting frames, if someone could think of a way.

I have run 52/36 on my Workswell 125. I'm using a SRAM Force 22 BB30/PF30 crank with a 11-32 cassette. It is pretty tight and probably not the best chain line but it works. I'm ride mostly on the road which is why I went with 52/36.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

just got my Faraoll GF-001 ready.
Size 54 and frame was 1168gr and fork 453gr uncut.I really like the big wheels (WTB 37mm)
and I'm suprised how fast they roll.
Geometry is feels very similar as my road bike.