New Trek Boone

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bjobjo

by Bjobjo

I am really dying for details. It seems like the perfect do it all bike. Its actually wierd that trek havent released it yet, given that sven nys has already like 30 pictures of them online. My guess it that they will release it at the worlds in Luxemburg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

That's probably what they'll do, although I think the timing of Trek's CX bike releases is wrong. I think they should release the bikes during the summer, a couple of months before the start of CX season. Build up some press when people are looking to replace their bikes for the upcoming season, not release it at the end of the season, when people aren't thinking about getting new bikes, just surviving with what they have (if their season isn't already over).

mattr

by mattr

But most/many/really rather a lot of CX sales are now to people looking for gravel bikes, not CX race bikes, so a launch now might well pay off with this sort of customer, looking for the ultimate posing/lightweight gravel machine. It's probably a fairly spritely in a road set up too.

First Trek i've seen in ~20 years where i've actually clicked through to see how much they cost.

Then decided not to bother changing bikes!!
Last edited by mattr on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedCoke

by RedCoke

Any weight information?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

It hasn't been formally announced yet, and Trek doesn't usually post weight information (with the exception of the Emonda and to tout the weight reduction of the new Domane over the older model). I would figure that you can compare the weight savings of the new Domane over the older one as a guide, given that it appears that the big difference is adding the front IsoSpeed and the hidden junction port under the front bottle cage.

Bjobjo

by Bjobjo

Its actually a bummer Trek hasent even given a spy shot. I am really wonderung when they are going to release it. When cross season is over?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

All the details are pretty much out there. I'm surprised they didn't announce it before Worlds, but I guess they're holding out until the summer.

Bjobjo

by Bjobjo

Perhaps they will unveil it at the classics? Anyway, the logic is missing

DagenhamDave

by DagenhamDave

Any news on the release date?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Nope. My guess is we'll see it right before the Trek CX race in September.

nickf

by nickf

I'm seeing dates of November 2017 for the replacement product.

DagenhamDave

by DagenhamDave

Damn. That's ages away!!!

Is it worth waiting for?

I want to build mine up like this:

And there is this 2017 frame available in 61cm:

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Picture a Domane Disc w/o the adjustable IsoSpeed. Probably the same geometry as the current Boone w/ IsoSpeed front (from the photos) and T/A front and rear. Personally, I'm keeping my Crockett - I'm too slow and fat to upgrade, anyway.

DagenhamDave

by DagenhamDave

Bjobjo wrote:I am really dying for details. It seems like the perfect do it all bike. Its actually wierd that trek havent released it yet, given that sven nys has already like 30 pictures of them online. My guess it that they will release it at the worlds in Luxemburg

Do you have any links to the pictures that Sven Nys has posted of the 2018 Boone?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Not exactly Sven Nys' instragram feed, but this is about as close to the final product as you're going to see.

http://cyclocrosshandbook.com/portfolio ... rek-boone/

Flat-mount brakes, IsoSpeed fork and headset, and it looks like the Di2 components will be in the downtube (ala Domane). Finally, T/A's, front and rear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com