Avid shorty ultimate question please

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

fozworth

by fozworth

Hi all ,I'm in the process of building a SS CX bike and am using a Cinelli Mash Work frame .Im bought a set of ASU brakes and started to follow the intalation procedure last night.As it's been some time since I've had cable brakes being a seasoned MTBer and running hydro brakes for years I'm now a tad rusty on the cable install/setups.
My question relates to the amount of play that the brake arm has on the canti stud. As my studs are retro fit (in case you want your SS to be brakeless) you have to choose one of the 2 washers provided in the kit that sit on the end of the canti stud.I had to use the plastic ones as my stud measured 22mm.
With the washer in place there is just a slight tip of the canti stud protruding .Is this correct . Secondly when I tighten up the mounting bolt the cantilever still wabbles a little bit .should it rock a little bit ?and does that go when the spring is preloaded ?
Finally I'm running H plus Sons architype rims which are 23mm wide and I'm using the brakes in the narrow setting .will I need the yellow narrow type brake block and holder kits .
Cheers
Ja

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com