1x campy, will it work

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattyNor

by mattyNor

So I have an opportunity to pick up a campy cx11 crankset for a great price off a friend and the alure of my first campy part is hard to pass up. It will be replacing the Rival crankset currently on my commuter so I also figure it's a worthy upgrade. From what info I can find I looks like 4 bolts are standard 110bcd but the 5th bolt behind the arm is 112. If I get a 110bcd ring such as a Raceface or a Blackspire narrow/wide can I just dremel out one hole to accommodate this? Additionally can I use standard single speed chainring bolts on the other 4 holes and just put a spacer to accommodate the extra space on the behind the crank arm bolt? I'll be putting at max a 46 single ring on so I don't see any potential problems with chain interfering with crank arm but those more knowledge please feel free to correct me!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mattyNor

by mattyNor

okay so for anyone looking to do the same thing here's what I did in the end.
- campy chainring bolts are some stupid proprietary size so to get around this I just ran stand bolts backwards
- the behind the arm bolt uses the same threading as a a standard male bolt so I just used one and a spacer here
- went with a praxis ring to try something new and I just had to file one mounting hole tab a touch to make it fit
- end result below

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com