DT Road Hubs?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

atanger

by atanger

I'm trying to purchase some new wheels with DT 240 hubs, question that i have is the rear hub spacing for dt hubs, can i convert the hubs to 135mm from 130mm? If so, it appears that I only need the part for the non drive side??

Seems DT has many "accessories" for their hubs allowing users options. I'm in the process of shopping for road rims and not mountain rims because the hub spacing 130 or 135 and QR would work for my cx as opposed to the TA and 142

nickcube

by nickcube

Not possible. Besides, the 130mm road hubs don't have disc brake mounts and the 135mm mtb hubs only come in a disc model. Are you shopping for wheels for a CX bike with disc brakes and 135mm rear dropouts?

I'll also mention the 135mm and 142mm/TA hubs are the same, just with different end caps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

atanger

by atanger

Boy, that helps clarify things for me alot. So any DT 240 disc hub is originally 135mm and CANNOT have the 130mm end caps BUT can have 142mm caps? All along I've been wondering about the DT 240 disc hubs that are offered on the Enve wheelsets. And yes, I'm in the market for disc brake, clincher wheels for my CX bike and I'm leaning towards Enve's. I'm going to go tubeless.

Do you have any opinions/comments?

nickcube

by nickcube

atanger wrote:Boy, that helps clarify things for me alot. So any DT 240 disc hub is originally 135mm and CANNOT have the 130mm end caps BUT can have 142mm caps? All along I've been wondering about the DT 240 disc hubs that are offered on the Enve wheelsets. And yes, I'm in the market for disc brake, clincher wheels for my CX bike and I'm leaning towards Enve's. I'm going to go tubeless.

Do you have any opinions/comments?

Glad I could help, I was hoping I didn't confuse you! You can buy the 240 disc in either 135mm or 142mm and the only difference are the end caps which you can buy if you want to put them on a different bike. Most common standard now is 142 TA so just double check you have the hub you want when ordering, have fun on 'em!

ms6073

by ms6073

atanger wrote:So any DT 240 disc hub is originally 135mm and CANNOT have the 130mm end caps BUT can have 142mm caps?

If thru-axle is a consideration, then it would be any DT Swiss 240s disc hub newer than ~2013 as the older front hubs axle is not large enough diameter, although there is a 3rd party conversion kit to allow 15mm TA on older hubs.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

lwk

by lwk

Have you considered White Industries hubs? Would have been my choice

atanger

by atanger

lwk wrote:Have you considered White Industries hubs? Would have been my choice

Have not considered as enve from the factory offers dt or ck.
Thank you all for the invaluable information.

stormyClouds

by stormyClouds

lwk wrote:Have you considered White Industries hubs? Would have been my choice

I have a set of White XMR disc hubs and an Enve cross wheelset with White T11 hubs. THey have both been fantastic.
You just need to order the Enve rims separately and have a quality wheelbulder lace them for you instead of the Enve factory.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com