Trek Crockett 7 or Giant TCX Advanced SX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

piraja

by piraja

Hi. I'm looking to buy a CX/Gravel bike to do a 1-2 races a year, gravel riding and general bad weather bike in Norway.
I'm currently considering these two. Trek Crockett is the better deal for me as I get a good price and the group set alone
almost makes it worth it, but I'm afraid of the dull ride experience. The Giant comes with worse gear and heavy wheels,
but I like the looks of it more and heard so many good things about the TCX frame. I also like that fact that it comes with
40mm tires.

Does anyone have experience with either and can help me decide?

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

I've had both bikes. The trek is a good ride off and on the road. I even did two road race with it. I would say the same with the Giant, maybe more stable and less nervous. The Giant has incredible amount of clearance for big tires, it must be one of the best frames for that. The wheels on the Giant were super heavy ! I'm not sure what comes on the Crockett will be much better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PARTIZAN

by PARTIZAN

About giant & clearance
Surly Knard 41mm on Aileron with 20mm inner diameter ...
Love my giant but need to replace some stuff [emoji849]ImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I have a Crockett for CX/Gravel riding. I absolutely love the ride. It is my favorite bike (steering feels sharp). I ride with 33c tires, however, so I don't know how it would feel with anything wider. I know you can fit 38c tires on it, but I'm not sure how tight the fit would be (spacing does seem pretty wide, though).

Regardless, either bike would be a great decision!

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

I had 40mm Clement MSO on it with no issues.