Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 79
Any suggestions on a narrow wide chainset to go with a Di2 build (not Sram).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:10 am
Posts: 44
sub7kg wrote:
Any suggestions on a narrow wide chainset to go with a Di2 build (not Sram).


Easton


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 1351
Location: The Lone Star State
If you already have a crank, Wolftooth makes some nice stuff. There's also AbsoluteBlack. If you are looking for a crank, the Easton crank looks awesome, but I have no hands-on experience with it (and it may not be compatible with your frame - which is my problem).

_________________
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 356
FIJIGabe wrote:
If you already have a crank, Wolftooth makes some nice stuff. There's also AbsoluteBlack. If you are looking for a crank, the Easton crank looks awesome, but I have no hands-on experience with it (and it may not be compatible with your frame - which is my problem).

It should work with any frame except Trek, unless someone else is doing BB90. CINCH cranks are effectively BB386 cranks which work on threaded and BB86 bikes in addition to native 30mm spindle BBs.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am
Posts: 597
Location: Estonia
Deem, why I read this thread :)
I was convinced, I´m going to build my CX frame with Sram 1x. Now I´m thinking Shimano Di2.
Sram would be 400€ cheaper.

_________________
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"
Jamis Renegade Expert
Spark 900 RC


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:18 pm
Posts: 267
FIJIGabe wrote:
If you already have a crank, Wolftooth makes some nice stuff. There's also AbsoluteBlack. If you are looking for a crank, the Easton crank looks awesome, but I have no hands-on experience with it (and it may not be compatible with your frame - which is my problem).
I have the Easton crank, I can't speak highly enough about it and the Easton chainring but the BB is trash. It crapped out on me in less than 2000km.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Posts: 18
I have a few thousand miles on both platforms. I switched from CX1 to Di2 (XTR derailleur with R/785 levers and RS785 calipers).

I have to say, I miss my CX1 groupset. For one, and most importantly, CX1 is lighter (this is the Weight Weenie forum, right? Also, see my earlier comparison here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146312).

I also really like the modulation of the SRAM Force HyrdoR disc brakes, moreso than Shimano. The pad engagement on the Force calipers is perfect. The Shimano levers pull almost entirely to the bar, even with max reach adjustment, which I really dislike. And lastly, I love the very tactile response of the SRAM Force shift paddles. With the Di2 levers, it's hard to tell if you've shifted.


Last edited by Bhaalgorn on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Posts: 18
FIJIGabe wrote:
If you already have a crank, Wolftooth makes some nice stuff. There's also AbsoluteBlack. If you are looking for a crank, the Easton crank looks awesome, but I have no hands-on experience with it (and it may not be compatible with your frame - which is my problem).

Check out Garbaruk as well.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 1748
Location: NorthEU
sub7kg wrote:
Any suggestions on a narrow wide chainset to go with a Di2 build (not Sram).


Wolf tooth has even a 36T Easton cinch. Easton offers 38T as smallest.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... ston-cinch

I have the 36T on order.

A bit off topic, but anyway...
You can also (if you ever go 2*11) buy a 110 BCD spider from Kent Eriksen Cycles.
Then you get 46-47mm chainline. I have this spider with Wickwerks CX chainrings (44/34).

I also use Sram PG-1170, 11-36 cassette with my 6870 RD.
I would buy the XT Di2 RD if i could use it with 6870 FD.

_________________
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am
Posts: 597
Location: Estonia
XT RD will give better chain retention?

_________________
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"
Jamis Renegade Expert
Spark 900 RC


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 376
Bhaalgorn wrote:
I have a few thousand miles on both platforms. I switched from CX1 to Di2 (XTR derailleur with R/785 levers and RS785 calipers).

I have to say, I miss my CX1 groupset. For one, and most importantly, CX1 is lighter (this is the Weight Weenie forum, right? Also, see my earlier comparison here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146312).

I also really like the modulation of the SRAM Force HyrdoR disc brakes, moreso than Shimano. The pad engagement on the Force calipers is perfect. The Shimano levers pull almost entirely to the bar, even with max reach adjustment, which I really dislike. And lastly, I love the very tactile response of the SRAM Force shift paddles. With the Di2 levers, it's hard to tell if you've shifted.


Make sure you bleed the brakes when all adjustments are “open” otherwise free stroke adjustment is not functional IME.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Di2 or CX1?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Posts: 18
TurboKoo wrote:
Bhaalgorn wrote:
I have a few thousand miles on both platforms. I switched from CX1 to Di2 (XTR derailleur with R/785 levers and RS785 calipers).

I have to say, I miss my CX1 groupset. For one, and most importantly, CX1 is lighter (this is the Weight Weenie forum, right? Also, see my earlier comparison here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146312).

I also really like the modulation of the SRAM Force HyrdoR disc brakes, moreso than Shimano. The pad engagement on the Force calipers is perfect. The Shimano levers pull almost entirely to the bar, even with max reach adjustment, which I really dislike. And lastly, I love the very tactile response of the SRAM Force shift paddles. With the Di2 levers, it's hard to tell if you've shifted.


Make sure you bleed the brakes when all adjustments are “open” otherwise free stroke adjustment is not functional IME.


Yeah, that's my first step when doing a bleed/install. I just prefer the feel of the HydroRs.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited