V brake pads holders

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

brearley

by brearley

Sorry if this has been covered already.

I'm looking for the lightest pad holders for my tektro mini v brakes reasonably cheap

Also I would like to replace the securing bolts for both front and rear brake, is it advisable to use ti over alloy for these? M6 x 12mm should do for these?

MikeDee

by MikeDee

brearley wrote:Sorry if this has been covered already.

I'm looking for the lightest pad holders for my tektro mini v brakes reasonably cheap

Also I would like to replace the securing bolts for both front and rear brake, is it advisable to use ti over alloy for these? M6 x 12mm should do for these?

The bolts are special type that have a tapered seat under the head. Hard to find a replacement in Ti that would fit properly, I would guess. Maybe just buy a set of TRP brakes that have Ti hardware? There are brake pad shoes that have the back hollowed out. Do a Google search. I can't believe you are going to save much weight with these changes though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brearley

by brearley

It's not so much about losing weight. The brakes I have are the cheap tektro mini vs which come with full rubber pads (no inserts) I run carbon rims so these need changing. I guess I could buy some long time bolts to fit the shoes from my cnc road brakes.

F45

by F45

Jagwire makes a pad holder for v brakes that takes road pads. That makes it easier to source carbon specific pads.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

What sort of pads do you want to use? I used to run some cheap Aztec pad holders in my mini-vs, but they were for MTB pads rather than road.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC