Cyclocross tubulars : type- patterns - use - price

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

MattD

by MattD

For an all-rounder leaning towards the mud end of the spectrum I found Challenge Baby Limus to be excellent. First tubulars I have run, I have run Clement MXP and PDX clinchers set up tubeless previously. Grip in the mud was even better than the Clement PDX and rolling speed on hardpack was on par with the Clement MXP (Grifo tread more or less). If it is less muddy I would be inclined to go for the Challenge Grifo or equivalent. If you go for standard model rather than the team edition then they have a poly-cotton blend casing rather than 100% cotton so probably hold up a bit better if you don't want to aquaseal them (I didn't, couldn't be bothered with the hassle). Mine are a bit dirty looking but still in good condition after half a season of racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

I bought a pair of Clement PDX tubulars for this CX season. They are tubeless tubular. Was also considering the Challenge Baby Limus. Both are considered All Round/Mud tires. I heard the Baby Limus are more supple but the PDX are more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by fogman on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Ekorre

by Ekorre

LouisN : Me and a couple of friends have picket up some of these Racing Ralph tires. No troubles with durability but you cant run them very low in tire pressure. Minimum is about 40. I use them for hard packed training.

LouisN

by LouisN

OK, thanks for the review. THat's basically what I read.
HOw much do you guys weight, Ekorre ?

Louis :)