2016 S-Works Crux and new Zipp 30 Course Compatibility?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

samklee

by samklee

Are they compatible stock? Sorry I'm new to this whole thru axle thing and I'm not quite sure and I just want to make sure before I purchase them. Also if I'm running CX1 with hydraulic disc I need https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/sram-force-22-shifters-hydraulic-disc and https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/sram-force-1-hydraulic-brake-lever-left-standard right? What size disc are recommended and what kind of brackets? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure before I buy stuff and figure out its incorrect.
Thanks you all in advance ! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

2016 Crux only fits Specialized's own (Roval) wheels. They made their own standard.

Sram recommends 160mm rotors for 'cross.

Brackets? What do you mean?

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

There will be some aftermarket wheels that work, but nothing easily accessible this season.

They are also releasing a new der hanger to make a standard 135x12 hub work (i.e. non SCS cassette spacing). Again, not out yet though.

2015 frames and the Ultra Di2 bikes are on killer deals right now though. Snag one while you can!

cerro

by cerro

With the new derailleur hanger it will work out of the box. At the moment it will work if you use the 12x142 adapter on the drive side rear and press the frame out a bit. A friend of mine is doing that on his Pro.

140mm rotors if it works on the front wheel and the caliper isn't touching the spokes. Otherwise 160 front and 140 rear. Less is lighter.