Recommendations for Chinese / Taiwan Cx frame

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

dmulligan

by dmulligan

Have new other choices with fender/mud guard/rack eyelets appeared yet?

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

Kurets

by Kurets

Marin wrote:I'm also on the canti version:

This is my first post, so sorry if this is asking too much.

I am considering picking up the same frame but from Workswellbikes WCB-C-027C, what is your experience with sizing? To me it looks like the 55cm frame is about the same as a 56 Supersix which I ride on the road. But, plugging things into a bike comparison sheet it looks like the 55cm ends up really low. But, on the other hand, the size 57 seems crazy long.

Just from the geometry of your picture I get the impression that the seat tube length (BB to end) is more or less the effective seat tube. In that case a 55 should be the best bet, especially as it is better to run a long and tall stem than a short one... Yeah, many questions :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Exar

by Exar

I was in the market for a new cyclocrossframe last year and didn't get the AC059 because of the weird geometry. It seems too low and too slack to be of any use as a cyclocross bike.
Chains to the right!

Marin

by Marin

I had a non-disc version of the AC059 with probably the same geo (see pic on prev page) and I placed 7th in the only CX race I ever entered, so it worked for me :)

Kurets

by Kurets

Marin wrote:I had a non-disc version of the AC059 with probably the same geo (see pic on prev page) and I placed 7th in the only CX race I ever entered, so it worked for me :)

Your fit looks quite good, although the amount of saddle-to-bar drop is a bit more than I would prefer. In any case, I get the impression that the WCB-C-027C is the same geometry as the AC059/AC058. Could you give some more info on your regular road size and what size fits in the AC058?

From a reach point of view it looks like the 55cm is quite comparable to my 56 Supersix although it looks super low. But I am thinking that I am missing something. The CX fork is obviously taller than a road fork. So, the 130mm headtubem will be quite equivalent to a 150-160mm headtube on a regular road bike. Does this sound right?

Marin

by Marin

Yes, a CX fork is much longer, you have to compare stack values.

Kurets

by Kurets

So, finally after lots of back and forth I realized that with midsummer on the doorstep, autumn is drawing closer! And so does the CX season :)

After comparing geometries for what seems like ages, I went with the AC108 frame from ICAN. Inspired by the build shown by Marin in this thread I opted to have the fork painted. Although, I went for bright orange instead of baby-blue.

Once it arrives it will get built up with low-end parts bin components, 105 5600 based.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Any thoughts about Tomac Mesa Verde, which seems to be also Chinese open mold frame.
Disc brakes, thru axles front and rear, good price. What about BB drop of 55mm? Is it too hight for confident cornering?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/cyclo ... mesa-verde
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Exar

by Exar

Seems like an excellent deal, those frames went for 650 euro's on Aliexpress late last year.
Chains to the right!

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Does anyone have a confirmed scale weight for the Flyxii FR-602 frame/fork (51cm)?

Thanks.

Kurets

by Kurets

So, my AC108 arrived in size 56. Overall the build experience was positive, although the frame was missing the guide tubes for internal cabling like I have seen other frames have.

I built the frame up using kind of parts-bin components although in the end I ended up buying lots of bits and pieces used as I didn't have quite the right stuff on hand.

Frame Ican AC108 56 1207g
Fork Ican AC108 with orange paint 470g uncut (cut piece at 23g)
Headset (easily removable bits) from Ican 97g

Shifters: 105 5600
Front derailleur: Dura-Ace 7800 Braze on
Rear derailleur: 105 5700 Short cage
Chainset: SRAM Rivial 22 46/36
BB: Truvativ Pressfit GXP
Cassette: Tiagra 4600 11-25
Chain: Ultegra 6700
Brakes: TRP RevoX
Pedals: BBB Forcemount

Spacers: leftover from my Supersix
Front cable hanger: Problem Solvers Cross Hanger
Cables: Jagwire Road Pro
Saddle: Prologo Nago Evo T2.0
Seatpost: Cannondale C1
Seatpost clamp: BBB Light strangler
Stem: Cannondale C2
Handlebar: Cannondale C2 Traditional Shallow bend 42cm
Bar tape: Selle Italia Smootape Gran Fondo
Wheels: FSA Energy
Tyres: Vittoria Cross XG Pro 33mm
Tubes: Continental Race

Final weight: 8.47kg

Obviously the setup is a bit wonky and there are a few things that I would like to change, for instance getting a headset top-cap with integrated hanger. Maybe I'll buy a complete headset just for that part. Still have to figure out how close I want the fit to be to my road setup, right now I put it quite a bit shorter and taller.

The expander plug supplied with the headset is rubbish, so that will be replaced by an FSA Compressor plug as I like the option of adjusting plug expansion and headset compression separately from each other.

WRT the frame I am happy, but the racing season is far off so I have not put many hours on it yet. The front derailleur hanger is placed a bit high for a CX bike, but OTOH that means you could probably fit a 53 big ring of you want to make it a gravel-racer. I would have preferred the cable hanger for the rear brake to include a barrel adjuster. It is threaded for a barrel adjuster but none was supplied with the frame. Also the rear cable hangger could be placed higher to allow for more flexibility in setting up your brakes.