Wound-up Cross forks

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Hello, Just wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on these forks at all. I am thinking of getting some but wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks, B

by Weenie

jeremyb

by jeremyb

yeah ive been using the woundup for awhile now (like 1.5 yrs) and it seems good. 595 grams at 9 inch steerer tube. ive never liked the looks, but maybe thats me. rides well, also not a lot of clearance for wide tires or brakes.

jeremyb

BmanX

by BmanX

Thanks for the reply. I am running 35mm tires and the Tektro Oryx brakes for now. So any thoughts on this.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Although I think the Wound up forks look good, they are expensive for the weight. I don't think they are that much cheaper than the new Easton (which I have herard very good things about) or the alpha Q (which I have and like very much) I can't comment on the ride differences, but cost/weight the WU comes up short it seems.

jeremyb

by jeremyb

yeah i agree, although, i bought mine shipped for $200 in a classified ad. So at that price its in the same price point as the Winwood which is a much heavier fork. If i were paying retail I would not buy the WoundUp.