2013 Ridley X-Night Sizing Advice

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ellingferd

by Ellingferd

So there is a 2013 X-night I have my eye on, mostly for winter training on the road, not really much cross racing, and I am having a hard time deciding if the size will be right. It is a 58, which is the largest size, but the geo charts have me confused about whether or not this will be too big. I have a 34.5"-35" inseam and ride bikes with 57.5/58 cm top tubes. It seems like the 58 would be the right size, especially given the fact that I am trying to reduce the amount of saddle to bar drop which I have on a few other bikes (has become less comfortable for me). Any thoughts? Thanks!

ms6073

by ms6073

Be careful with the Ridley X-Night sizing, it is based on measuring the seat tube from Center-to-Center and not Center-to-Top as most other manufacturers use. I raced on both a 2011 & 2013 X-Night frameset, which at the time, rode a size large Giant TCR Advanced road bike with a 58.5 top tube. I have a 31.75" (80.6 cm) inseam and assumed I would ride a size 56 X-Night, but after a test ride on a friends bike, I found the stand-over a bit tall and with a 75cm saddle height, it would mean cutting off most of the seat mast, thus I opted for a size 54.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com