Durable, tubeless, gumwall, 28c(ish) tires

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

I know is a little weird but does anything exist? By durable I mean comparable to conti 4 seasons.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I've never seen tubeless gumwall tires, period (and I've been riding tubeless for a while). As far as I know, there are only two companies making a 28c tubeless tires: Hutchinson & Schwalbe, neither of which are CX tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Gumwalls are not suited for tubeless as they are not as airtight as "normal" tyres.

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

@FIJIGabe going for touring tires!

@rasmussloth well that settles that then, thanks

rupertbaker

by rupertbaker

Some slightly large 700c tyres in tubeless form. see https://www.compasscycle.com/shop/compo ... -jon-pass/
@rupertbaker
2017 Allez Sprint with eTap, Reynolds Aero 58
Kinesis CrossLight with Hope 20Fives
Hoy 0.02 track bike

maddog 2

by maddog 2

Vittoria do the Corsa Speed G+ in tubeless ready but only in 23mm so far, but hopefully they'll extend this to 25mm and beyond (if they have any sense...)

Renne

by Renne

maddog 2 wrote:Vittoria do the Corsa Speed G+ in tubeless ready but only in 23mm so far, but hopefully they'll extend this to 25mm and beyond (if they have any sense...)

I thought the Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ as a tubeless tyre was called the Open TLR and is nog available with the gumwall sides.

morganb

by morganb

Roubaix Pro 2BR comes in "transparent" sidewall which is a dark gumwall look. 30mm wide, not sure what your frame clearance is.

justaute

by justaute

It's a tough one with gumwall. There quite a few brands that have tubeless road, including Specialized, Panaracer, Schwalbe, IRC, and Hutchinson.

The closest I'm aware is Panaracer Gravel King (non-SK) version that is 700cX32. Although this tire is listed under the "tubed" section, per Panaracer, anything that is 700cX32 and larger in the Gravel King line-up is tubeless compatible up to 60 PSI. The tire tread is basically herringbone. It's a good looking tire.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2015/04/07/tp ... ires-more/

maddog 2

by maddog 2

Renne wrote:I thought the Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ as a tubeless tyre was called the Open TLR and is nog available with the gumwall sides.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-corsa- ... -graphene/

pic shows gumwall but text says 'anthracite/black' so maybe this is true...

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Top Features of the Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ Tubeless Ready Tyre (Graphene)

The world’s fastest tyre
Tubeless-ready casing
The Lightest Tubeless tyre
G+ Isotech rubber compound
Wear resistant tread with low rolling resistance
PRB 2.0 breaker for excellent flat protection
Strong Nylon casing from 26 to 220 TPI
Weights: 205g
Sizes: 700x23c

The marketing fodder via the Wiggle site for the tire .. be interesting to hear from someone who's actually road a set extensively.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

Renne

by Renne

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... speed-2016

Clearly states that a last minute redesign changed the sidewall color to a greyish black.

https://www.vittoria.com/tire/corsa-speed-open-tlr/

The site also shows them with this color.

reippuert

by reippuert

mattyNorm wrote:I know is a little weird but does anything exist? By durable I mean comparable to conti 4 seasons.

Pannaracer Gravelkings. i know only the 40/43 SK is 'tubless compatible' as pr their webpage, but when 2017 range shown on interbike stand they said the regular GK's are tubeless ready up to 55psi. And i can confirm this is real world.

I hav a pair of 32 GK's with regular file thread and they are super easy to setup tubless on a pair of DT Swiss 460db rims and two layers of stans tape. Their will seal and monunt using a track pump and no sealent.

I just did a 12 day bike packing trip in the cervennes and camarque no problems with 30ml of sealent, no flats and no loss in air pressure - i did fast roads, big pavced decents, gravel, dirt and they held up as a true tough tubless tire should.

If you want something really fast, light, wide, tubeless, expensive and and tan sidewalls tjeck out Compass tires. I have a pair of 35mm extralights that are officilly rated for tubless but thy are a lot more tricky to seat.
--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen @Merlin Works CR, Chorus 15, Reynolds 46/66

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

damond

by damond

maddog 2 wrote:Vittoria do the Corsa Speed G+ in tubeless ready but only in 23mm so far, but hopefully they'll extend this to 25mm and beyond (if they have any sense...)

It seems they listened us :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

https://www.vittoria.com/tire/corsa-speed-open-tlr/

Just released the 25mm version of the TLR Corsa and in real BLACK casing and not that graphene shitty colour!