Wnter frame drilled for Di2, maybe with discs

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

alanmclean

by alanmclean

Hi

I posted on the road forum to ask about Di2 suitability for winter, sounds like it is ok.

Now I realise I would need a a Di2 frame and would really like internal cables with no mechanical cable stops, but must have mudguard/rack mounts. Discs optional.

I can't find a pure Di2 winter frame, is there such a thing?

(I can get alloy frame for mechanical for £200 but looks like I might need super expensive Ti custom to get what I describe!)

Regards

Alan

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Just drill out one of your existing frames and save space and money. It takes less than an hour to drill the 3 holes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanmclean

by alanmclean

Thanks for comments, apologies for late reply, I have been posting in the Road forum. I don't think there is any Di2 cross/road frame with guard/rack/disc mounts.

Niner have the RLT which might be ok. I am finding out more about it.

Thanks Mike but I do not want to drill holes in a frame.

Marsbarm thaks also, The Crockett has really nice internal cabling grommets but I don't see guard and rack mounts. The search continues...

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Trek Boone. Heavy, but ticks the boxes.

But hole drilling is probably 100x cheaper ;)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

alanmclean

by alanmclean

Thanks, I can't see any guard or rack mounts on boone, do Trek have a model with these?

jooo

by jooo

Many of Trek's bikes have hidden mounts.

A number of models also used to have similar hidden mounts for racks too, but it looks like these aren't on any of the new Boone/Crockett models.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

alanmclean wrote:Thanks, I can't see any guard or rack mounts on boone, do Trek have a model with these?

Boone does have the mounts, check Trek's website (and I can confirm that as well).
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

alanmclean

by alanmclean

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply, Trek's Boone 9 website shows some really good features including nice Di2 holes.

The hidden rear guard mounts are very cool but are there any rack mounts up on the seatstays? How does the front of the rear guard attach?

Do you think different Boone models offer different mounts?

Very grateful for any thoughts. I can't see anything else other than the Boardman CXR 9.8 which only has a single guard/rack mount under the seatstay bridge. Might be ok for a Tubus Fly but I would lose some tyre clearance.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

alanmclean wrote:The hidden rear guard mounts are very cool but are there any rack mounts up on the seatstays? How does the front of the rear guard attach?

Yes, small screws on seatstays.

Front of the rear guard: 2 large screws on the back of seattube.

alanmclean

by alanmclean

thanks again lobber.

Lynet

by Lynet

A Mason Definition might be what you're looking for. Mounts for rack/guards, Di2, disc brakes. And should have plenty of clearance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanmclean

by alanmclean

wow, thanks. I have not seen this before and it looks great BUT only for 28mm tyres and I am wanting bigger tyres for kerb hopping etc. Lovely spec on this frame.