CX1 derailleurs Medium vs. long cage

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

KMG

by KMG

Does anyone know when the CX1 long cage der. Will be available? I have been looking for one for a few months with no luck. Is there any difference between the Med and Large? I want to run a 10-42 cassette and I am wondering if the medium will work? I thought cage length only was a factor if you are running a double up front?

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

you can use an XX1 or X01 rear der , changing the cable pulling arm.

http://eliflap.it/2015/03/17/cambio-mtb ... on-red-22/
http://eliflap.it/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

Or just use an X9/X0. Cheaper, no mods required and already available.

weenie

by weenie

jooo wrote:Or just use an X9/X0. Cheaper, no mods required and already available.

and no parallelogram moves

jooo

by jooo

No need to quote the previous post.

Anyway, what does the parallelogram have to do with anything? It's just simply one way dealing with chain wrap and getting the top pulley to follow the cassette.

Shimano have chosen not to use this method and the new XTR works perfectly fine with their 11-40 cassette and the SRAM 10-42 cassette. People have already run the X0 RD with the 10-42 cassette or 11-42 10 speed hacks and it works.

Marin

by Marin

jooo wrote:No need to quote the previous post.

Quoting does make sense if you are replying to a - quote - from the previous post instead of adding to the original topic in a general manner :smartass: 8) :D

jooo

by jooo

Frankie - B wrote:Gents, ladies,

Please, please, please! I ask you to show that the people who visit Weight Weenies have got quite a lot of common sense.

When you see something you like and you want to respond to that, ask yourself if it is necessary to hit the quote button. Try hitting reply and refer to what you have seen, as you were going to type something anyway.
Do repeat the question some one just asked in real life as well? I know the answer.

It is getting annoying to clean complete threads from multiple times quoted pictures and conversations between members who constantly quote each other. Please use the quote button as less as you can. it makes our community better to read and live in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com