cx bike with small budget

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

grouk

by grouk

i am a road guy, always said not to mountain bike, for me all the bikes had to have a handlebar with drop,forward.....
i decide and now is the time, i will go buy a cx bike

all my bikes are assembled by me and made "a la carte", but for that bike I already have a maximum budget 1500€.
with this maximum budge i think i cant assemble a decent bike, so i think it is better buy a complete bike

but I do not know anything about these bikes,
i love the Colnago world cup disc, the canyon seems a solid bike, i like the spec crux but is a bit expensive, i need some advice

thanks in advance

stormur

by stormur

In your range is not so much "ready" … Colnago WC, RIdley X-Ride, Crux ( tiagra(?) ).

But, it is possible to build reasonable bike 4 the given money… on new components

Frameset : 700€ ( f.e. ridley )
Groupset : 370€ ( 105 5800 ) : Shifters, RD ,FD, CX70 crank, cassette, chain. With 5700 even cheaper. + 60€ for cantis

Don't go 11 if you really don't have to ;)

Stem+bar+ seatpost : 150€

1st Wheelset : 150€ ( Fulcrum Racing 7 LG ) , tires 40-50€ ( Grifo clincher )

"building" allow you to avoid "weak points" like 980g FSA cranks, brakes which don't brake and 2.2 kg wheels. But, also you can find deals like this : http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ridley-x-ride-20-disc-105-2015/

Only crank is terrible here, rest is very good FOR THE MONEY. Replacing crank, and you're still in budget.

If I would buy new bike TODAY , for this budget and want disc , I would choose Colnago or Ridley , if canti : Ridley. I like how Cannondales are made, but don't like how they route cables ( under DT, same as on road bikes :( ) so I'll skip it.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com