Carbon Crux owners- California Cross?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

boots2000

by boots2000

I am building up a Crux. Came with sleeves oriented for the California cross.
As it turns out they twisted the guides in the frame so it shifts like crap when in big ring.
So now I have to redo the cables.
Question- should I pull it apart and keep it as California cross? Or go back to a standard routing?
It seems like the rear derailler cable needs to pass under the front derailleur cable inside the frame so that the front derailleur cable does not tug on the rear when in big ring?

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Best option we found for the cruxes was to drill the cable stops, (they are all replacable so no real risk) and run full length housing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

I found that they had crossed the housing guides inside the frame incorrectly.
They need to be crossed so that the front derailleur cable runs on top of the rear derailleur cable.
Once I switched it all was good.
Still have the "California Cross" as I didnt want to redo the housing.

maya11

by maya11

"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

boots2000

by boots2000

I figured it out pretty quickly when shifting was good on the small ring and poor on the big ring.
Only reason that I posted was that I was also trying to figure out if people were using the cross or installing the cables in the traditional manner.
Once I had the cables untangled inside the frame it works great. Cable housing path from bars to frame has a cleaner path than with traditional routing.