Bike advice: Cannondale Superx disc/Specialized Crux disc

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Veen

by Veen

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a new cx bike. At the moment i have narrowed it down to 2(3)choices.
The bikes are the Cannondale Superx Rival disc 2015 and the Specialized Crux Elite disc 2015. I want to use the bike for cx racing in winter and as (training)roadbike in summer.
What is the best choice for my purposes? What about the cable routing of the Cannondale,is this a big disadvantage?
I have also seen the Focus Mares cx 2 disc 2015,this one is a little above my budget but is this bike better than the other 2?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

I would go with the Cannondale but then again I am a Cannondale lover. The looks on this blue model is great in my opinion.

The cables are no problem. It just makes maintainance easy.

The Focus is great but the thru axles still limits which wheels you can choose.
Last edited by rasmussloth on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Out of the 3 guys at my shop 2 of them cracked the headtubes on their s-works cruxes and cannondale will always stand in my mind as crack and fail....I'd go with the focus specifically for the thru axles.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I have the Crux and it has a geo that would work pretty will for the road I think. Haven't ridden the others but I would guess all three are good bikes so I would go by looks and which one fits you best. Geometry is a little bit different between the three right?

grover

by grover

Having built all from a frameset the Crux and the SuperX are more nicely finished than the Focus. Personally I'd go a Trek Boone over all of them (it really is phenomenal) but if I had to choose between Crux and SuperX I'd go the 'dale. The main difference being a full hydro brake on the 'dale rather than the cable actuated hydro caliper on the spec...and I'm a SRAM guy anyway.

Veen

by Veen

Thanks for all the advice!
I think this week i will go to the Cannondale dealer and see what he has to offer :D

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Neither, felt f1x [emoji3]

weenie

by weenie

Ive a crux which i like. nothing cracked so far ;)

I'd want thruaxles if i bought today tho..

Id like to try the Norco Threshold.. it looks nice and has the specs I like http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/05/16/the ... d-cx-bike/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com