Trek Boone Disc

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

Interesting. I like the braking feel from the tops on my Red22 levers, but the pivot point for the force/CX1 lever seems to be different and less powerful.

mwbyrd

by mwbyrd

spandexboy817 wrote:I love the bb7s. Maybe run them with 160 rotors, but for weight and cost they are a pretty good setup. That hydro stuff was pretty pricey... Highly recommend the single ring setup btw

how did you mount your BB7s? I'm trying to build mine up and the brake mounts don't seem to give me the right fit. Do I need to order a specific spacer from Trek?

Also, what rotors are you running? XT rotors aren't going to work unless I modify the brake pads...

Thanks,

Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I never need to brake from the drops with my S700 hydros on my Crux. Plenty of power from the hoods.

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

I don't have the bb7s mounted on the Boone but have ridden them a bit in the past. The bb7s should be an easy setup because direct mount to direct mount. I did have to run some direct mount spacers on my boone, but that is because I have 160mm rotors on it.

I am running no spacers on the setup either. I am using Sram XX1 rotors on it (or whatever comes with those brakes as the wheels are straight off my mountain bike). They work well and are quite light.

mwbyrd

by mwbyrd

Thanks. I'm going to have my mechanic take a look at it and see if we can't get the calipers mounted. I ordered 160 rotors too.

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

someone has a 52cm size frame in his garage ? and wants to sell it ?
http://eliflap.it/

mattjevans

by mattjevans

eliflap-scalpel wrote:someone has a 52cm size frame in his garage ? and wants to sell it ?

YES! NO!

mwbyrd

by mwbyrd

spandexboy817 wrote:I don't have the bb7s mounted on the Boone but have ridden them a bit in the past. The bb7s should be an easy setup because direct mount to direct mount. I did have to run some direct mount spacers on my boone, but that is because I have 160mm rotors on it.

I am running no spacers on the setup either. I am using Sram XX1 rotors on it (or whatever comes with those brakes as the wheels are straight off my mountain bike). They work well and are quite light.

I'm going to have to run spacers with the 160 rotors. Guess I won't have my bike for Cincy3...

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

mattjevans wrote:
eliflap-scalpel wrote:someone has a 52cm size frame in his garage ? and wants to sell it ?

YES! NO!

ok ... maybe next year ? :thumbup: i can wait for it ...
http://eliflap.it/

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Where can I buy the Boone Disc frameset in Europe?

stormur

by stormur

TREK Sweden has 1 in size 58 on stock.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Too big :cry:

Bartosz

by Bartosz

wkwt wrote:Data point:
54 disc Ultegra mech, HED Ardennes+ FR, cages/Barfly

Hi,
How tall are you? frame 54

mattjevans

by mattjevans

My Canti 52cm came out 15.3lbs (no bottle cages). I've since gone CX1 but haven't weighed it again

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allenhuish

by allenhuish

I just finished building my Trek Boone. Ultegra Di2 with R785 brakes. Will give the overall weight later. [EDIT: Will take me a couple more days to get to the scales]

Will post the weight as soon as I have it.

Sector 28 tubeless tyres on Pacenti SL25 disc specific rims with DT Swiss 240 hubs
Fizik saddle

Here are some component weights
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by allenhuish on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.