CX1 and TRP HY RD dilema

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

JBC

by JBC

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

I really like the look of the SRAM CX1 Crankset and RD however I am concerned that the associated Shifters will not support hydraulic brakes.

I would like to match the CX1 one with TRP HY/RD but I read that the SRAM CX1 shifters will not support hydraulics.

The TRP HY/RD also appeal but if they won't match the CX1 Shifters then I need a plan B.

My preference for the HY/RD's is that they would be easier to maintain than mechanical alternatives.

Could anyone recommend an option that would work with the CX1 shifters and not take significant work/adjustment between races, nor wear out quickly n the wet and muddy conditions!

Having decided to buy a Disc ready frames to avoid the hassle of maintaining four CX bikes with Cantilevers I am looking for an efficient setup.

Many thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chello

by Chello

Where did you read that? I haven't heard anything about compatibility issues.

I would be surprised if the CX1 mechanical levers didn't work fine with a set of HY/RD's. In fact TRP says on their own site that they are compatible with ALL systems.

You could always get the hydraulic version of CX1 and avoid all the guesswork.

bfno

by bfno

The new hydroR CX1 is the way I will be going with my next CX build, love the 1x simplicity and the way SRAM has actually designed a RD to work specifically for 1x11. Hydro is also a nice addition, only down side is the cost
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

HY/RD fits