which tub for best set of wheels?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

I'm building up a set of tubs for a new disc build but unsure which tubs to use for the best build

Which tubs would use for your best set of wheels?

I'm going to build aa set of hope pro 3 (with the 3 bolt discs) from a previous build laced to some 38 or 50mm4 carbon tubs. Should i mount a mud tub (clement pdx) or a grifo? Everyone keeps saying it's going to be a wet winter in the uk which would mean i'd use the pdx the most.

I've heard some guys run mud tubs all season anyway.

any advice?

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I used to run Tufo Cubus (mud) tubulars, then I ran Challenge Limus (mud) tubulars. This year I'm going to try Dugast Small Bird tubulars instead. I prefer Cubus compared to the Limus, I think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

Cool. SO did you run mud tubulars because of better grip? Did you run them in dry conditions as well?

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I did so because I only have one tubular wheelset. They were nice in the mud, but not very nice in dry conditions (very poor on hardpack and road surfaces), and slow on grass.

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

Yea.. this is what i'm thinking. I'd prefer to have some decent grip than sliding all over the place. Not sure it's going to be a dry winter either

vcnz

by vcnz

I used Tufo Cubus as my mud gyres for a season and their grip is amazing on all terrain
A while back I uploaded a short video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fo7qHtOpNk
I'm the last in the video, see the difference with other riders in terms of grip....
The only thing I do not like about Tufo is the suppleness of the casing. This year I'm going for the Challenge Limus as mud tyre and I think they are good everywhere, not just mud

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com