Junior gear restrictions in Cross?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I was just watching the juniors and the u23s race at Gieten and I was wondering what the junior gear restrictions are for cross. I understand the reason for them on the road, and thinking about it, I would posit that the restriction should be greater in cross. You wouldn't want them really torquing that gear through the mud and sand - that would kill their knees and joints like nothing on the road would.

So my suspicion is that they would/should be limited to a lower gear limit than on the road. Am I right?

Thanks,
Geoff

by Weenie

Kuiper

by Kuiper

BdaGhisallo wrote:I was just watching the juniors and the u23s race at Gieten and I was wondering what the junior gear restrictions are for cross. I understand the reason for them on the road, and thinking about it, I would posit that the restriction should be greater in cross. You wouldn't want them really torquing that gear through the mud and sand - that would kill their knees and joints like nothing on the road would.

So my suspicion is that they would/should be limited to a lower gear limit than on the road. Am I right?

Thanks,
Geoff

I'm driving on the Road 52 - 14 and that's the max.

I only know the dutch max-es of Youth catagories can't find a good site where older catagories are standing on

but I know some results from the Juniors

1. Boy Van Poppel (Netherlands)

2- Gavenda
3- Meeuwsen
4- Martinez
5- Weber

I was late home today from work when I saw this on the Internet I called Immediatly his little sister well little??? only 1/2 years younger, I could not believe my eyes of happyness[/url]

Timo

by Timo

OT: a sister who is only 6 months younger? The laws of nature tell us they don't have the same mother :?

Boogie

by Boogie

I guess they ride 46*12, But at the junior level they don't check it.

Boogie

by Boogie

Timo wrote:OT: a sister who is only 6 months younger? The laws of nature tell us they don't have the same mother :?

He means 1 1/2 years I guess. His little sister is National Champion by the 15/16 years.

René

by René

BdaGhisallo wrote:I was just watching the juniors and the u23s race at Gieten .....
Geoff

Must be Zeddam.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Boogie wrote:
Timo wrote:OT: a sister who is only 6 months younger? The laws of nature tell us they don't have the same mother :?

He means 1 1/2 years I guess. His little sister is National Champion by the 15/16 years.

That's correct
she's excatly 53 weaks younger than me. 8)

Timo

by Timo

Ah! That makes sense :twinkle:

cyclocrosser

by cyclocrosser

There are no junior gear restrictions for cross. I run a 42X12-27.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

cyclocrosser wrote:There are no junior gear restrictions for cross. I run a 42X12-27.

for the track are also no limits

cyclocrosser

by cyclocrosser

In the US there are also limits on the track.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Rene,

It was indeed Gieten. It's a dvd of that race, the elite/pros, with some highlghts of the juniors and the beloften.

cheers
Geoff

Super_fast

by Super_fast

Kuiper on the track are gear restrictions. They are the same as for road.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Super_fast wrote:Kuiper on the track are gear restrictions. They are the same as for road.

where are you located m8?

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

at least at the 2005 worlds in germany there were restrictions for juniors. the swiss mecanics had to ban some rear derailleurs(e.g. the 11 and 12 cog wasn't rideable anymore).

by Weenie