van dessel G & T geometry help

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

I've heard great things about these frames but can't work out if the geometry will be good for me.

I currently ride a kinesis crosslight pro3 which is a 54

At times it think the 55.1 ETT might be a bit stretched but i've rode it for afew seasons and get on with it (100mm stem). However I rode a mates ridley x night and loved the 53.5 top tube and I felt more in the bike (and would tally with a moda opus someone lent me for a race last year which also had a 53.5 top tube)

The van dessel g & t has a 54.5 ETT a 74 degree seat angle and 72 head angle

http://www.vandesselsports.com/?page_id=31

I love the fact it is disc ready and is compatible with a 130 or 135 spaced wheel.

Like i say I rode my mates 52 x night (56 c-t) and loved the fit. i know this has a much higher BB and the van dessel has a 70mm drop.

how do you think the van dessel will feel in comparison to my current kinesis? I heard a steeper degree head angle will effectively make the TT 1cm larger than the kinesis

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trickydisco78

by trickydisco78

Anyone ridden a gin and trombones or full tilt boogie?

Lorcatronik

by Lorcatronik

I have a Gin and Trombones that I've had for a few years. It rides and handles great. Mine has disc brake tabs on the rear but was before they came out with the 130/135 rear dropout spacing (it is 130). A friend of mine who has had both the Gin and Trombones and the Full Tilt Boogie as well a as carbon Raleigh cross bike most recently said he much preferred the Van Dessel, especially the snappiness of the Gin and Trombones. I would love to buy the new Full Tilt Boogie with disc tabs coming out soon, or the Aloominator.