Stevens Super Prestige Disc

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mtbstuff

by mtbstuff

I have a Ridley X-Fire Disc right now and it's a great race bike.....but way too stiff and a little too quick handling for long dirt road rides.
I know "how a bike rides" is very subjective....but does anyone have feedback on the Stevens?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Here in the US, other than CXMagazine article Brady Kappius' bike, I have yet to see any other images, much less find a review of an actual production version.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ADP

by ADP

They ride nicely but compared to a Ridley who knows but I suspect a little less harsh from what a friend tells me of his

md255

by md255

I realize this is a rather old thread but for what it's worth...I currently own two Stevens Super Prestige Disc bikes. A 2015 in Camo and a 2017 in Fire Orange. Both beautiful and a dream to ride. The 2017 is thru-axle front and rear and quite a bit lighter, so very nice upgrade from the 2015. For the record, I also own a Ridley X-Fire and Ridley X-Night, and there is no comparison -- the Stevens bikes are hands down the better handling rigs.

Biggest challenge is getting your hands on these in the US (Stevens does not currently distribute to the states). I have been well taken care of by Fitzcyles in Ireland (http://www.fitzcycles.ie). Check them out!

Granfondo2014

by Granfondo2014

md255 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 pm
I realize this is a rather old thread but for what it's worth...I currently own two Stevens Super Prestige Disc bikes. A 2015 in Camo and a 2017 in Fire Orange. Both beautiful and a dream to ride. The 2017 is thru-axle front and rear and quite a bit lighter, so very nice upgrade from the 2015. For the record, I also own a Ridley X-Fire and Ridley X-Night, and there is no comparison -- the Stevens bikes are hands down the better handling rigs.

Biggest challenge is getting your hands on these in the US (Stevens does not currently distribute to the states). I have been well taken care of by Fitzcyles in Ireland (http://www.fitzcycles.ie). Check them out!
thread bump!
Just wondering if you still feel the same about the super prestige by stevens compared to the ridley? I'm looking to get into CX and have narrowed the search to

1) Ridley Xnight sl
2) Stevens Super prestige
3) Colnago Prestige
4) Canyon Inflite

at the moment the best deals are on 1 and 2 so i've ruled 3 and 4 out. the XNight XL is more expensive for than the stevens but i don't know if that means it's a better bike. It's definitely lighter which may be of value through the race considering i will only be able to have 1 bike. The BB is a wee bit lower on the Stevens and again i don't konw if that ways in favour of the ridley if the courses are more technical.
any thoughts welcome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Surfshack

by Surfshack

+1 on the Ridley vs Stevens decision.
For the record, a Niner, a Storck, and now a Felt have been in the stable. So far, the Felt has been the best. Each have their merits but if I had to choose it would be the Felt. I’d like to try out the Colnago and Canyon as well.