Grifo xs tubular pressures???

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

skiezo

by skiezo

So I finally got my gravel road ride finished and may be able to get out soon. What pressure should I run the tires at? This will be on hard packed snow for now and later on hard packed gravel roads with no mud or grass. Basicly rail trails and such with some climbs as well as descents and corners.

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

Whats your weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skiezo

by skiezo

I am at about165 pounds or about 75 kg.

gt5504b

by gt5504b

On snow try 28psi out back and 26 up front. Go down 2psi in each if you finish more than 2hrs riding without having bottomed them out. If you bottom out more than 3x in a ride add 2 or 3 psi. On gravel roads I would suggest to start 4 psi higher.

Keep in mind that pros at your weight racing these tires run down to 18psi. And excluding sharp-edged rocks, you aren't going to get a flat from bottoming out the tire against the rim (no pinch flats/snake bites.)

Do be careful cornering on damp/greasy asphalt, as the transition from file to knobs is not so smooth on a hard slick surface. I just laid the CX bike down on some fast descending in a decreasing radius turn yesterday, and my shoulder and knee can still feel it.

skiezo

by skiezo

Ok, I will give that a try. With a thaw coming I should be able to get out within the next few days. I just have to wait till some of this snow gets out of the way. There is over a foot in the area that I like to ride at the present time.
I am really looking to get back on a bike after this long cold winter here in PA.