Show me you light cross builds.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

F45

by F45

Very nice, Quicksilver. I confess, I would be afraid to ride those cranks, for fear of knocking the arms on some obstacle.

Does anyone have a frameset weight for those Scott Addicts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

quicksilver.. do you have a list of your build with which parts? would be interested to see, as i'm thinking of the STEVEN frame as well. thanks..

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Hi addictR1,

you shot me a private message about the SOH. On the 56 frame it is 82 cm. So this seems consistent with your measurement of the Stevens 52 frame delivering a SOH of roughly 78 cm. I think you can expect the Cross Team Carbon in 52 being the same height. If thinking of Stevens I think you should go for frame size 50 which has a SOH of 76 cm.

Ride is rock solid. No disturbing noise from the machine. Handling is excellent. It is indeed quite agile in corners and sturdy enough on the straight. Control is perfect due to 46 wide bar. Thanks to YAW FD front shifting is a dream - no chain rub and "integrated" chain guard. You can easily combine it with old shifters. I recommend that as an upgrade to everyone.

So here is the final build list:

Frame
Frame Stevens Team Carbon 1255 g
Fork Stevens Cross Carbon 497 g

Wheels
Wheelset Tune Olympic Gold
Tune Mig/Mag, Spokes Sapim CX-Ray, Rims Zipp 285 1089g
Tires Challenge Griffo XS 680g
Cassette Dura Ace 12-28 200g
Skewers Noname 45g

Groupset
Shifters SRAM Red 280g
FD SRAM Red Black Yaw + Chainguard 80g
RD SRAM Red Black Edition 160g
Crankset Clavicula 48/36 550g
Chain KMC X10 SL 230g
Brake Berner CX 180g

Cockpit & Seating
Syntace Racelite steerer 46 wide 220g
Stem Extralite 90g
Seatpost MCFK + KCNC yokes 130g
Saddle Spezialized Toupe 110g
Seat clamp TK 9g
Fd clamp Debello Carbon 6g

Pedals Eggbeater titanium axle 230g
Cables KCNC red & black
Bottle cage Bontrager XXX 20g

Total weight 6400g
Carbon statt Kondition.

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Hi Weenies,

though this is not a real WW build I want you to take a look at my Trek Cronus Ultimate. Compared to the Stevens Team Carbon presented earlier in this thread it feels huge, despite measuring only the same 56 frame size. This one is much more about being the one and only bike you need. It is inspiring confidence when tackling the roads. I lacks the agility and aggressivity of the Stevens without being a slouch. The internal cable routing make for the clean looks of a timeless beauty. I think this bike will look up to date even in five years with its nice mate finish.

This time I chose a litte cheaper setup, not hunting for the last grams and recycling some of the stuff, which I found, was too heavy for the Stevens. Groupset is SRAM Red,a Force crank equipped with 50/36 TA chainrings, Ultegra chain und Ultegra 11-28 cassette. To add comfort I voted for a Toupe Gel saddle and wrapped some foam under the visible Prologo bar tape. The 1350g Yoeleo 50mm Super Light 23mm wide tubular wheelset got dressed up with some Bontrager labels and carry 28mm Tufo Diamond tires.

The Cronus even has hidden detachable fender mounts, so you can set it up as the perfect all year round commuter. I like the decent chain protector and especially this little smiley, telling about everything the Cronus wants to be. I wonder if there is something like a girlies edition. On its way is a Bontrager XXX seat post to complete the homogeneous Trek setup. Final fork cut has to be made. I attached Eggbeater Candy pedals, which reflect the dual purpose spirit of the ride.

Finally the weight, which could have gotten worse. It hits my scale with 7,4 kg with the relatively heavy Yoeleo wheelset. Drops down to 7 straight with a decent road wheelset. You could easily hit the UCI limit for road bikes with some minor mods. Not too bad for a mans best CX friend.

Watch out for my crossbow update. Its nearly finished.
Greets to all board members.
Carbon statt Kondition.

addictR1

by addictR1

Thanks quicksilver. I think I will go with the 50cm instead. The seller told me it will come with the 120mm seat mast. I presume that is standard?

Also if my wife whom is just 5'6" if she wants to ride it, could that seat mast be adjusted lower?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Finished my Crossbow project today.

After touching up some dents and marks I had the frame coated with fresh clear paint. Looks like new again.

Built it up with SRAM Force and gripshifts. Carbon riser, XXX-stem, race x-lite wheels 1500g come from Bontrager. For tires I chose Conti Cyclocross.
Seatpost is a Simplon Carbon rod weighing 177g. Seat is a quite comfortable Ritchey Marathon.

The heavy original fork got replaced by a full carbon Easton EC 90, which saved 300g. As for my Cronus I used FSA SL-K brakes, which work really well with the aluminum rims.

Weight is 8,6 kg - not too bad for an elderly crossbow. Enjoy some pics ;-)

Carbon statt Kondition.

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Little update on the Cronus.

Moved the Force crank to the crossbow and got hold of a red crank, which accomplishes the rest of the SRAM group.
Finally Bontrager seat post arrived as well. At last the looks and group set continuity is perfect.

THX for reading.

Carbon statt Kondition.

addictR1

by addictR1

Nice....

gnosp

by gnosp

Posting before it is sold on ebay :cry:

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I need to get out of this thread before I end up adding a CX bike to my bike garage!

addictR1

by addictR1

Lol... for me it's cuz I found this thread so now I'm building one... get out while you still can... ;)

gnosp

by gnosp

FIJIGabe wrote:I need to get out of this thread before I end up adding a CX bike to my bike garage!

Perhaps you can add mine listed on ebay... :beerchug:

emorydptt

by emorydptt

Here's a preview of the platform that I'm starting off with.
Another Colnago in the stable.

Likely with the following since I have parts lying around and they are pretty cheap to replace:
Ultegra 6700 shifters, front derailler, rear derailleur
Brakes: FSA K-Force
Crankset: undecided, but I like the compact ratio

Additional pictures: https://imageshack.com/a/tMeq/1

Will provide pictures of the bike when build is complete.
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

gnosp wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:I need to get out of this thread before I end up adding a CX bike to my bike garage!

Perhaps you can add mine listed on ebay... :beerchug:

I think I'll pass, but the boss has given me approval to build a new bike. Hmm... I have her old Ultegra 6700 groupset lying around. Oh, and a Bontrager Race handlebar, and Bontrager SSR wheels, and Shimano cables... oh boy...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

How lightweight should a CX be? What's the lightest so far?