SOMA Fab straight cyclocross fork

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Hi guys,

For my Serotta Legend CX build I am thinking of using a SOMA Fab unicrown fork (this one: http://www.somafab.com/archives/product/cyclo-cross-straight-blade-fork). Seeing as ride mostly on mountainbike trials with my CX bike, I feel that a steel fork will make for a more bomb proof bike, compared to a carbon CX fork. Any opinions on this fork?

Thanks! :thumbup:

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I have really abused my Alpha Q CX 20 fork, I've ridden a fair bit of lighter mountain bike trails on the bike. However, for stuff with lots of roots I always take my mountain bike, it's just not fun on a 'cross bike IMHO.

To sum it up: IMO a full carbon fork would for sure be able to handle as much abuse as you yourself can handle from the trail.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Thanks for your advice! The main reason why I am considering a steel fork though is because I like the fact that it stays in one piece after crashing on it. And because it looks pretty darn nice. I might switch to a carbon fork in time, but for now I am sold on a steel one.

stefanot
Shop Owner

by stefanot

My Wound Up fork has sustained a LOT of crashing this year and is still chugging along just fine. Not the lightest fork but looks and functions great.