TRP HY/RD Set-up Problems

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Maximilian

by Maximilian

I've just got these brakes on my CX bike. The rear feels amazing, great bite etc. no dragging. The front on the other hand feels great but is dragging a sh!t load. I've centred the calliper, removed the pads and tried to reset the pistons and played with the bolts on the actuator arm to no avail. There looks to be a bleed screw, I think the reservoir may be overfilled but I'm not sure. I mostly work in road bikes so don't know too much about hydraulic systems. The levers I'm using are Ultegra 11 if that makes any difference, using stock TRP disks.

I have also emailed TRP asking for help but I need to get it all working as I have training and races this weekend and coming week. I would ask my local shop but that's me and these are the first HY/RD brakes we have had.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

Guarantee?
Yes, there is a bleeding screw.
push pistos-pads with a tirelever back
if thats not possible, there is to much "oil" inside
let a few drops out

Ceebers1

by Ceebers1

Elmar is right, you could try this..

pump the brake a few times, then open the bleed screw on the brake a 1/2 turn or so while lightly pulling the lever 'til you see a drop of fluid, then close the screw while holding the lever in that position. You can then do the same with the lever...

I haven't worked on the new Shimano hydro road levers, but bleeding Shimano usually lets you push fluid from the caliper up into a reservoir connected to the lever..

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

We sold a lot HY/RD and all of them work well!
How about guarantee?